Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dedshaw1612

Factorytalk View ME Communication and shortcut issues

4 posts in this topic

I have an HMI program that i am trying to test using the runtime utility on the factortalk view studio interface and at runtime everything fails to see tags. My topic configuration is pointing to the right PLC and i can ping it and go online, but when i look at the errors it is referencing a shortcut that isnt even listed in my communication setup. Its actually trying to reference one from one of my different jobs but i dont know how its doing it. Anyone have any ideas? Also i feel like the fact i cant browse online for the tags in my HMI is related to this issue. I click on the online folder and nothing shows up.

Capture.JPG

Also i noticed that whatever configuration file it is looking for it is pulling from that job's directory that i mentioned earlier. What doesn't make sense to me is that i have been making hmi edits just fine for other HMIs. I don't know why this specific application is being a huge pain. I feel like this has something to do with the local directory its always asking me about when you recover projects. Also the blue is just customer related content (name of plant and project etc. so i blotted them out)

Capture.JPG

i also just tried creating a whole new project and imported everything but the communication settings and created that all over again and it is still doing the same thing.

So the root cause is unknown. But like i said before it was spitting out that error and trying to pull some configuration from another job for some reason and obviously that plc wasn't going to exist so it couldn't resolve any of the tags. 

But i created a new project, imported all the other stuff and created my communication topic from scratch. Afterwards i deleted every driver on the rslinx enterprise and then created one new again and then setup that topic. After all that it decided to work. No idea why :/ if someone has any ideas on what i might have done that would be great but this isn't the first time deleting random drivers fixed my issues so maybe its just buggy