Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pulsar2003

PanelView 1000

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a PanelView 1000 (2711-T10C15 ser. D.  It's been stored for a few years now.

The last time I powered it up it was connected to my laptop via the RS 232 port.  I connected it recently unconnected, and now it emits a feeble sound, from what I presume to be, a piezo.  The touch scrren is functional and the screens changes as I remember it to do when buttons are tuched.

Why is it emiting this sound?

Thank you.

Pat.

I believe the buzzer is by default enabled and for alarm conditions.  Being as this HMI is programmed and not connected to a PLC, yes, I would it expect to generate an alarm.

Therefor, it means that it is not deffective?

Is there a battery in the unit?

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Pulsar2003 said:

Is there a battery in the unit?

Thank you.

There is a battery for the "RTC" ( real time clock), but not for memory that I know of. See PDF

2711-in031_-mu-p (1).pdf

I'm ready to be wrong, but as far as I know it doesn't have an alarm buzzer.

The old PanelView Classic and Enhanced had a relay contact for you to connect an alarm sounder, but I don't think I've ever seen a PanelView Standard with any kind of audio device.   In fact, I remember having to create one based on a printer serial output for a customer to meet a written spec.

My guess is that there's something loose in the power supply;  if it's a 120V AC model (no L1 at the end of the part number) then there might be something magnetic vibrating around at 60 Hz.

I'll need to find a microphone and record a few seconds of it.  It's definately not the humm of a 60Hz.

Thanks for your input Ken.