donny

FX3U-48M and FX3U-RS232 BD

8 posts in this topic

Hi All

Trying to find how to solve this problem. E1101 hmi connected to fx3u via rs232 com card with crossed cable(9pin D) to com2 rs232 on hmi.

It was working fine when testing but it stopped working and get error message " 1 comm err station 0 " which is plc.

I may have changed something on com settings on either plc or hmi. I've done every comb. on com settings but still the same. Any idea about com.settings  as I am unable find it anywhere for the hmi or card.

A few things that run through my mind:

Are the terminating resistors set (or physically connected to the terminals if not built in) at both ends?

If you configured the serial card with a ladder program, is it definitely still in the PLC memory and being scanned?

Is it possible the communication driver in the HMI somehow got uninstalled?

FX3U via RS232??? Do you have an adapter for the RS232 port on the FX? The default CPU port is not RS232, but RS422...

17 minutes ago, kaare_t said:

FX3U via RS232??? Do you have an adapter for the RS232 port on the FX? The default CPU port is not RS232, but RS422...

Hi Kaare,

Donny has: "...and FX3U-RS232 BD".

It's working. In particular, because the additional RS232 port, both and additional RS422 port, can support the Programming Tool Protocol (PTP). To achive it, is necessary to uncheck box in the top of port settings window and to write 0 to D8120 at 1st program scan. Will the PLC support PTP at stop mode or not, I don't remember.
To connect HMI to PLC via the additional RS232 port give a possibility to release the RS422/485 port of HMI for a long-distance communication up to 1200m.

Ahhh, didn't properly read the topic subject... Sorry for that. I agree with @Inntele regarding the different troubleshooting options. However, could you post a screenshot of your HMI driver (FX) settings?

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:24 AM, kaare_t said:

Ahhh, didn't properly read the topic subject... Sorry for that. I agree with @Inntele regarding the different troubleshooting options. However, could you post a screenshot of your HMI driver (FX) settings?

Sorry guys for the delay.

Screenshots as requested.

Cable  and com card fx3u 232 bd work ok on a different plc and a hmi.

Modbus on the controller 2 reads 3 parameters ok and displays on the hmi and no com error.

Com2 on hmi rs232 reads and also writes to fx3u plc but  displays " 1 comm err station 0" which is the plc.

Unable to find the fault but it has been working ok.

Further I've cleared the plc memory and downloaded a simple program but fault still exists. Plc diagnostics indicates " Link err"

Any ideas please.

May be a faulty com. card ?

HMI.png

HNI_Confi..png

Edited by donny
to delete wrong screenshot

May be a faulty com. card ?

Very doubtfully.

What is the port setting at PLC side and how they are provided (with PLC parameters or with writing of D8120 value in the body of PLC program)?

18 minutes ago, Inntele said:

Very doubtfully.

What is the port setting at PLC side and how they are provided (with PLC parameters or with writing of D8120 value in the body of PLC program)?

Inntele and karre_t

You are spot on( card fault ). Your reply triggered my tired brain. It works after I set plc parameters , memory capacity to default (reset to defalt) and plc system 2, ch.1 protocol for the card as hmi rs232 protocol and reloaded the plc  So the card was  ok all the time and fault was due to the wrong memory setting on the plc and now no link fault.

Happy days and many thanks.

Now I am going to watch footy ( big one tomorrow ) and relax.

Many thanks once again.

Donny