Ron_S

E300 led marking/titles

8 posts in this topic

They may be 'getting on' now but there are still plenty E300's out there functioning perfectly.

I have a job to do where I need to utilize the top 8 led's on the E300 that has been running happily for about 15 years

They have 8 safety gates that have an aux contact for the plc to say they are locked/open and occasionally they fail to lock properly (they are getting old too)

When this happens they have to wade through screens and screens to find out which gate has not locked properly and even then it will only say - GATE 7 etc

and if it's a new employee, they don't know which is gate 7. (or how to navigate the screen)

So, I am going to use the top 8 led's (which have never been used) to indicate each gates status green/good red/bad lol so they can see immediately which gate it is.

Now to the problem! The programming is fine - it's how the heck do you print on that clear tab that pulls out?

I pulled the bottom clear tab out and it has printing on it for the led function. The top one of course is just clear .

I couldn't just use a label printer as it will be too flimsy to push back in, not to mention how to get the spacing right.

I could write on it in my best handwriting but I would rather something that looks professional.

Can any of you cast your minds back as to how you labeled the led's on these screens?  

Easy: a paper strip, printed on the ordinary printing paper and then clipped off, together with celluloid strip, which tip sticks up from E300 device.

Inntele has it.  It doesn't get any simpler than that.  I thought I remember seeing (many years ago) a template for filling out those strips, but I could not find it just now.  I remember using the trial and error approach to creating my first strip.  You will have to create your legend, print it, compare it to the size and available space for each LED, then adjust.  Repeat as necessary.  Good luck.  The Beijer terminals were always easy to use and robust in my past experience.

8 minutes ago, drforsythe said:

I remember using the trial and error approach to creating my first strip.  You will have to create your legend, print it, compare it to the size and available space for each LED, then adjust.  Repeat as necessary.

If to print the LED legend from E-Desingner, the size of strip will be one-to-one. Only remains to cut it carefully with scissors.

Again, Inntele has the answer.  I have not used the software in over 15 years.  I knew there was something out there, but did not realize (or remember) that it was in the design software.  Thanks for the update, Inntele.

Just a little hint. When I print from the E-Designer software I always use an old transparent overhead projector foil sheet instead of a white paper. It gives a very professional look if you cut it and slide it behind the cover of your E-Terminal.

Beware NOT to use an inkjet printer but a laserprinter! The ink doesn't dry on the foil sheets and mess up your panel.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Edited by Theo V

16 hours ago, drforsythe said:

Again, Inntele has the answer.  I have not used the software in over 15 years.  I knew there was something out there, but did not realize (or remember) that it was in the design software.  Thanks for the update, Inntele.

Don't mention it. As you are, I've not used these HMIs for years too. Old memories...

5 hours ago, Theo V said:

Just a little hint. When I print from the E-Designer software I always use an old transparent overhead projector foil sheet instead of a white paper. It gives a very professional look if you cut it and slide it behind the cover of your E-Terminal.

Beware NOT to use an inkjet printer but a laserprinter! The ink doesn't dry on the foil sheets and mess up your panel.

Best regards,

Theo V.

This is a good idea. It will look wonderful.
At present time the SLR paper sheets (A4), that might be used with a laser printer, are available in stationery shops. However, instead of to buy those sheets there, I prefer to use a service of operative polygraphy, because at our city the last way is cheaper: it takes 30 sec and costs 30 cents for one SLR sheet. Just to prepare a doc-file of layout with completely filled printing sheet, then give them the layout file to printout.

Thank you all. I finally found the 'print' page and had to un-tick all the print options except the 'print text strip'

The spacing went off only on the last two led box's but I aligned them to the right and they fit perfectly.

I used a transparent sheet of A4 and cut with scissors (handy that it also prints a box around them for keeping the cut straight)

And it looks very professional

Thanks again :)

1 person likes this