Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndreiKar

Logix Designer - Failed to Create Module Profile

6 posts in this topic

Hi PLC programmers,

I got a problem regarding my installation of Logix Designer/Logix5K. Here's the situation...

a) Initially installed Studio 5000 without problem.
b) I needed to open a program from Logix v20.1, installed RSLogix5k v20.1. After installing v20.1, RSLogix was corrupted and won't open program.
c) Reinstalled entire Logix Software.
d) Was able to open and convert program from Logix5k v20.1 to Logix Designer v24 but this annoying error occured on v24 (See attached "EN2T")... "Failed to Create Module Profile".

All of a sudden, the module (1756-EN2T) I created with working v24 is no longer usable. Now, even when I create a new project, add a module with "Select Module Type", the list of available modules has been trimmed down to what it normally has (see attached "AB_Modtype"). Kept on re-installing entire Logix 3 times, clearing the registry with CCleaner and even deleted installation folder for Rockwell software but the problem is never gone. I even downloaded AOP for EN2T and installed it but to no avail.

Now I'm lost and dumbfounded that uninstalling and reinstalling isn't working. By the way the OS I'm using is "Windows 7 Enterprise". I appreciate all the help I could get. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Andrei K.

EN2T_ModuleProf_Problem.png

AB_Modtype.png

hello, can  some one will tell me how to recover from emergency stop from abb robot.

is there faulty in pliz relay. because i checked in pliz software there  was some faulty errors. but now it is reseted.

if there is prob. with plc allen bradly micrologix 1200. guide me please.  

thank you

On 5/28/2016 at 1:12 PM, abhishek dravid said:

hello, can  some one will tell me how to recover from emergency stop from abb robot.

is there faulty in pliz relay. because i checked in pliz software there  was some faulty errors. but now it is reseted.

if there is prob. with plc allen bradly micrologix 1200. guide me please.  

thank you

Hi, I suggest you make a new thread for your query. Good luck! :)

What operating system are you running Studio5000 on?

What versions of Studio5000 did you install?  You mentioned 20.1 & 24.0.

Hi kaiser_will,

The OS I'm using is Windows 7 Enterprise. The Rockwell software I installed are RSLogix5000 v20.1 and Logix Designer v20.4.

Thanks!

I had similar problem, what I did is restore my computer system to a date just before i tryed to install the AOI, then I installed the AOI again and it worked. Hope that it works for you.