Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anyaddress

plz help to setup my modicon pl7 micro programme

8 posts in this topic

hi all i have a problem in my modicon micro plc and the error lamp is flashing with a red colour the problem happened when i just turn my panel elctrcity off like every day but when i turned the panel power on the system indicte error in connection massege on my screen panel and the error lamp is flashing with a red colour while the green run led is completely off now 1-what is the possible problem,knowing that the backup battery is good 2- i have pl7 micro v1.8 software which is come packaked in 10 floppy disk when we bring the plc ,i installed the software in my pc and its work fine but i want to know the rule of unitelway driver ? is by installing the pl7 micri in my computer i can connect to my plc normally knowing that i have the suitable cable between serial port and plc or i need a driver to be set(unitelway),and if i need driver to establish communiction between plc and pc how i can configure it sorry im speaking so much but this the first time i want to upload programme to plc thxxxx

If the error light is flashing red and the run light is off... my first guess is the PLC's battery went dead and you power cycled and lost your program. Try hitting the reset button on the front of the PLC. If this doesn't help, you need the cable TSXPCU1030 for your old version of software. Current version of PL7 is 4.4, so you're quite out of date. If you had current software, there are new cables with USB connections, but they require v4.3 or better.

thx my freind i tried to reset plc nothing happen also the battery indicator doesnt light to mean that the battery is empty any way i will replace battery and try to upload the progect again to plc bcz i have the cable which is used with my pl7 micro v1.8,but i have another quastion is that when i install my pl7 micro software it will automatically configure the serial port to be used or i must configure it using teleway driver bcz when i choos the port to use fro teleway driver it will ask me to save it ,where i muct save it or i just save in the default directory thxxxxx

There is no special place to save the configuration. I would open the XWAY Driver Manager and make sure the Unitelway driver is connected to the right serial port.

i do all of this and still having problem is that when connecting to plc i just got error messege(could not esatblish connection with physical plc vis driver sys),my soft is old pl7 v1.8 and it was work befor on win95 and now im trying to make it work on win98 maybe is that the problem?does i need another updated teleway driver?also bout plc adress what it must be knowing im connecting to a sinle plc via tsxpcu1030 cable the default plc address is sys does i muct cahnge it thxxxx Edited by anyaddress

I've never worked with a version older than 3.3. I don't know, but perhaps that is where your problem lies. It's possible that old version doesn't support Windows 98 correctly. I would try to contact a Modicon distributor and price a software upgrade... PL7 Micro is not real expensive.

thxx you but the problem was solved i download uniteleway driver for windows 98 and evey thing is ok now and i ask modicon agent about miro software and he want its price 1200 euro!!!! thxx all

The full PL7 Micro v4.3 listed in the US for $850 in 2003. The upgrade for owners of old versions listed for $179. I'd check with another distributor. Ask them to quote these part numbers (I replaced the 43 version designator with 44 since that's the current version). TLXRCDPL7MP44M for the upgrade version TLXCDPL7MP44M for the full version Edited by Crossbow