kingkumak

Homing in Sysmac Studio, NJ501

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

In my project I have two AC servos Accurax G5. I create two axis in sysmac studio, everything works fine. In one of axis I use homing method "No home proximity input/holding home input" with external home input. My question is - it is possible to perform homing axis number 2 in regard to axis number 1. To sum up I want to home two axis, but I want to use one as a slave, and second as a master. I hope you can help. 

You can home Axis1 in the way you wish.

You can home Axis 2 in the way you wish

Homming basically means to provide a 'reference' or 'origin' to the system. Some applications MUST have a home, other applications... don't really need to know where you are before you start moving...

Anyway, you can do i.e. the following:

Axis 1,  do the home according to external home input or whatever, and Axis 2, you can use the "Zero position preset" Homing method, that basically will do the following:

-Set the Homed Bit to TRUE

-Set Actual Position Feedback to 0 + an Offset if you define an offset

Hope it helps :)

Can anyone tell me where is  external home input in servo motor, thank you

Find the manual and search for "external home input". You will be amazed at what you find when you know what is the available.

32 minutes ago, Donovanr said:

Find the manual and search for "external home input". You will be amazed at what you find when you know what is the available.

I read the manual, but I didn't  find it. Or it have  another name in manual

What I suggest for your benefit is pay the money and enrol yourself in an Omron NJ Training course.

There is an G5 Servo option to the course so attend this as well.

You will learn tonnes of stuff on the course rather than flooding the forum with topics you have posted.

I have been using Omron products for nearly 20 years.  I still attended the course.

Good luck 

By default, the Origin Proximity Input (Home Prox switch, also labeled as DEC) is input 4 on CN1 of the drive.  If you wire the connector yourself, here is the pin arrangement:

PhdbivNpP7UwvT00lE4Dfmh4cAO1NcADtqRYcAO1

If you use the Omron cable (XW2Z-100J-B34, or 200J (1m or 2 m)) cable and XW2B-20G4 or XW2B-20G5 or XW2B-20G6 blocks, then you would wire it like this:

TSp0HrVObZ17Rk71KxhRISOqlmSvn6XrNVfczmpU