7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone 

I have a question with the programming of the devicenet module (QJ71DN91) for mitsubishi i don't know how to update the eds files for the slaves, could anyone help me?

is that module supposed to work as master or save? only master needs scan list... (and EDS files)

1 person likes this

Hello panic mode ,

Yes that module will be the master, how can I read the slave modules? or download the eds files, I have the eds files,  I have to comunicate with a fanuc robot. I'm working with a Q04UDEHCPU PLC and gx works2 

Edited by Armando Santa

I have not used a DeviceNet module with a Q Series PLC but for an A Series system you could set up the module entirely within the PLC code so there was no need for EDS files etc. The Mitsubishi DeviceNet modules were made by Hilscher and their configuration software was subject to an annual licence renewal so using the PLC programme was a common way to set these modules up. It was a bit lengthy but straightforward enough and I still have systems working with it after 15+ years which have never been any trouble. The required code was detailed in the DeviceNet module manual.

1 person likes this

Hi andybr,

Thanks for the comment I will check the manual, your comment was very helpful. If you could share an example code of A series with devicenet it would be great.

If the only thing you on the network is the Fanuc Robot. Why not go for CC-Link IE Field Fanuc has an board for both CC-Link and CC-Link IE Field

Unfortunately our security software does not like GX Developer projects so I cannot attach an example in that format but I have copied the relevant code from an old Medoc print file and this might help if you read it in conjunction with the manual.

Mits_A_DeviceNet_Code.docx

2 people like this