Anvesh

E1022 HMI text block printing problem through serial printer

11 posts in this topic

Text block printing is not happening with E1022 hmi eventhough print text block  trigger signal is activated....Please help me...

Thanks in advance

Hi Anvesh, Do you want to print out (parts of) the application software that you wrote or are you printing directly from the HMI to a serial printer?

If possible, post your E-Designer code or screenshot of the textblock to have a look at it.

Did the printing worked before or not? If not, did you set the printer parameters at the Peripheral Configuration?

Take a look in the tree at the left side in E-Designer and open the folder 'Peripheral Cofiguration' to see if the printer is in the unused functions or is set up.

Click right mouse button to edit the printer properties /drag and drop the printer to an unused serial port (COM1 or COM2).

I hope this helps you out to start solving the problem.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Edited by Theo V
New info added.

Hi Theo, Thanks for the reply...

I have directly connected the serial printer to the RS232 port of HMI.(E1022)

I want to print the text block in HMI through printer by getting the trigger signal from FX3U PLC.

I have configured the print signal(trigger signal) in the text block properties tab.

In the peripherals tab, printer was connected to COM2 port along with HMI tools and Transparant mode function.

COM2 settings are (9600, None,8,1) with XON/XOFF handshake that matches with the printer serial port settings.

i am using a cable between printer & HMI with pin configuration of 

9 pin      25 pin

2    to      2

3   to      3

5   to      7.

i have checked the print signal is activating in the PLC but there is no print response from HMI.( Not understanding whether the problem is with HMI or with Printer).

The same printer is communicating with the other HMIs( E1061, E1011) satisfactorily with the same process, settings & cable.

I have also upgraded the firmware of E1022 hmi to V1.50 B748.

But the problem was not resolved...

Please help me to solve this problem...

Thanks in advance

Hi Anvesh,

Did you change the HMI from a E100 to E1000 series recently? The RS232 port pin-setting is different, pin 2 and pin 3 are reversed in E1000 series if you are using a CAB30 programming cable at this same COM port.

I also wonder if the printer ever had worked before and now it's not function anymore or just the first setup. 

Could you answer these questions first and if possible can you upload your E-Designer file?

Best regards,

Theo V.

RS232 E1000-series.JPG

Hi Theo,

Nice to hear from you...

I am using E1022 HMI directly. It is not an upgradation from E terminals to E1000 terminals..

Yes i am using CAB30( cross cable) cable for programming and the printer communication cable configuration is as mentioned above.( 9 pin to 25 pin).

It is the first setup of printer to this HMI.(E1022).

Please find the attached E designer file.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

100KG GANSONS HMI PRACTICE FOR theo03.03.mpa.zip

Hello Anvesh,

I checked out the E-designer file and found out that your printer settings of the HMI COM2 are set to: Even/7 bit/1 stopbit. (see attached screenshots from your application)

In your earlier post the printerport was set to None/8 bit/1 stopbit. Please check your setting again, it must be the same as your printer.

Also your printer must support ASCII. There are a few HP-printers mentioned as an example in the manual which are compattible with the HMI.

In the help files of E-designer there is a chapter about printing from the HMI. In the print command of the block properties in your application there is a print command (Text block 2-M1000) however there is no completion command signal. I'm not sure if this affect the operation of the printer.

I've done a lot of E1022 and 1032 HMI panels but never did a printer set up like you made so I hope that the COM2 settings do the trick to solve your problem because this is the limit of my knowledge about this subject. Maybe anyone else in this forum can help you any further if your problem remains.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Print properties-1.JPG

Print properties-2.JPG

Print properties-blocksettings.JPG

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, my printer ( Epson TM-U220D Dot matrix printer) supports ASCII. I am not using HP printers.

I have checked the com2 port settings and printer settings and made them same. But the problem persists. ( 9600, Even, 7, 1)

As i know that Completion signal will be enabled when the print trigerring from HMI was completed . This is for our reference only whether the print was completed or not. This will not do any effect on the print signal. 

I think the problem is with my printer cable.

My printer communication cable  configuration is 

9 pin(HMI)                                                                  25 pin(Printer)

2                                                                                           2

3                                                                                           3

5                                                                                           7

7, 8 shorted(RTS,CTS)                                                      4,5 shorted(RTS,CTS)  ( I havent shorted these highlighted pins in my cable, whether it will affect this on my printing application).

Please help me regarding this cable configuration.

Hi Anvesh,

It took some time to check the cable connections due a busy week at the office but I found a diagram of a serial cable, see attachment.

The difference between your connections is in the bridge for DTR and DSR+CTS. It is worth a try.

Best regards,

Theo V.

57477bb328044_Sereeleprinterkabelgeneral

Hi Theo,

Its Working....

I have used the same cable configuration that you have mentioned above with additional shorting of 7,8(RTS,CTS) in 9 pin side..

Thank you for spending your valuable time in resolving this issue..

Its great time for me to work with you...

1 person likes this

Hi Anvesh,

You are welcome. I always like to help and hopefully others help me in the same way too.

Great to hear that it is working now!

Best regards,

Theo V.

1 person likes this

Hello,

I want to connect Delta HMI ( DOP-103BQ ) with EPSON TM-U220D dot matrix printer.

HMI and Printer pin details are like:-

HMI                                                                 Printer

2- RXD                                                           1-FG

3- TXD                                                            2-TXD

7-RTS                                                             3-RXD

8-CTS                                                             4-RTS

5-CTS

6-DSR

7-GD

20-DTR

25-RESET

so plz give me idea how to connect it for RS232 with Xon Xoff handshake flow control.

Also if please provide me sample program if any one have it.