anhtuandrg

HMI GOT Simple: Time Display

3 posts in this topic

Hi eveyone,

I'm in trouble with time display in GOT Simple (GS 2107). The HMI connect to a Siemens PLC S7-1214C. I want to display a timer in HMI. In PLC the register of time duration has "Time"" format. It means the value of the timer register is hh:mm:ss:ms, example: 2m13s (2 minutes, 13 seconds). But in GT designer, it doesn't have time format. What should I do to display the time duration  to HMI?

Thanks

What is the data type of the time format in the S7? It looks like binary coded decimal.

Mitsubishi often use BCD for time displays by default. But maybe it doesn't line up exactly with Siemens format. You might have to shift the bits into the right place.   Maybe Siemens has a function to convert it into decimal or other formats. Then you can shift and mask the bits to get it into different registers for hh, mm etc. I don't have access to Siemens software so unfortunately I can't explain more.

1 person likes this

The "built-in" Siemens timers (the ones that have hard addresses like T0) are a special "TIME" format that is a variation on BCD where the first digit indicates the multiplier and the last three indicate the time setting. If you're using one of these you'll have to convert the value using either PLC code (best) or GOT scripting (if available).

If you are using one of the IEC timer functions (TON,TOF, etc. with an accompanying timer DB object), then the time format is simply a 32-bit word indicating milliseconds. The hh:mm:ss:ms format is something that TIA Portal does automatically. If you want that specific format, you'll have to use code to calculate the separate elements. If you only need seconds, then just display it as a double on the GOT with either formating or data operation to insert the decimal.

2 people like this