Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leigh electrician

Siemens Step 7 micro win smart

11 posts in this topic

Hi all

i hope some one can help me I am looking a link to download a copy (English) of Step 7 microwin smart v2.11 this is go online with a Chinese machine that has a S7-200 in it but it is a Chinese processor that Siemens don't support here in Australia. 

Hi,

version 2.0 will be good enough for you?

dekor.

It's not free software.  You will need to contact Siemens and purchase is.  And the last version was 3.2 I think.

I have been in touch with Siemens Australia and they have told me that they can not supply the software as it is for the Chinese market and does not come up on their computer as being available. I have emailed Siemens China and have had no response. The PLC in mention arrived in a machine from China and has a Chinese processor. Siemens Australia have told me that I need V2.11 but they can not get it for me and with no response from China and no further support from Australia I don't know where to turn next.

I've never heard of an issue with requiring a certain version, nor have I heard of a CPU only for the China market...  But I do know that some other vendors had cheap products only available in China.

Hi

S7 200 Smart is produced only for asian market. Never was available for european market.

We are in the middle of the same issue here in the USA.  An automotive parts manufacturer decided to purchase Chinese made machines instead of American made machine because they got a 30% lower price.

Well, now they are screwed.  My company was called in to help when the machine shut down and the local maintenance personnel were over their head.  Siemens will not release the software to us because this line of PLCs/HMIs (SMART series) was only supposed to be released to the Indian and Chinese market.

Technically this is a gray market PLC.  Selling it outside of China or India violates Siemens's terms.  Which means that Siemens refuses to supply us with software (which is weird because my company is a Siemens Partner).

We ended up ripping out the PLC and the HMI and replacing them with the S7-1200 series.

Edited by DataSurfer
1 person likes this

Hi guys,

In response to this issue, I had a chinese only plc, what I did before vm was to have two computers with the Chinese software on it (kindly supplied by the manafactor) and the other standard, these days could do same by running 2 vm's and running one computer (the Chinese software only lang is Chinese), far cheeper than redoing plc, program and screen, but limits connection to you

Hello sir,

i am  searching S7 Micro win smart software of siemens make.

Can you please provide me software download link?

Sujeet Kumar

Sujeet,

You need to contact Siemens.  Software is not free, you must purchase it.

In the future, create your own topic, do not post on a totally unrelated topic.

On 5/17/2016 at 2:55 AM, Leigh electrician said:

I have been in touch with Siemens Australia and they have told me that they can not supply the software as it is for the Chinese market and does not come up on their computer as being available. I have emailed Siemens China and have had no response. The PLC in mention arrived in a machine from China and has a Chinese processor. Siemens Australia have told me that I need V2.11 but they can not get it for me and with no response from China and no further support from Australia I don't know where to turn next.

It's true, normally they don't release this software anywhere which is only  Siemens China product. We have several projects using this software but the support is not that good and it's hard to find in forums.