Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkogorgievski

Conecting Wonderware Intouch with CX Server OPC

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to connect to CS1G CPU42 PLC through Wonderware InTouch SCADA. I am Using Wondervare OPCLINK and I try to conect via CX Server OPC. Does anybody tried that (and suceeded, of course). Can You give me some instructions please? Thanks in advance

hi! You must link with FsGateway (Intouch) for connect Cx server OPC and Intouch.

... I have a site running Omron CJ PLC's, FINS Gateway 2003, and Wonderware Intouch. Wonderware have an IO driver for omron FINS. This works with approx 2000 tags scanning in under 250mS via ethernet. We haven't tried with OPC. Nibroc

Nibroc, I have a single CJ1M CPU13 that I am trying to communicate via ETN. Wonderware tells me they don't support CJ1's over a particular CPU firmware rev (2.24 I believe). They indicated I needed to consider an OPC server and communicte that way. Can you tell me what you are doing? Thanks Edited by frank.raymond

Frank, Out site consists of 2x CJ1G-CPU43H CPU's, (firmware version 3), each has a CJ1W-ETN21 ethernet unit, and are connected to the Intouch PC. Everything works fine. The Wonderware Intouch is using the Omron FINS driver which was supplied on the Device Integration CD. This driver requires Omron FinsGateway Middleware (supplied by wonderware on the device integration CD) to be installed. Communications Path is: Intouch->FINS Driver->FINS Gateway->PLC I can't remember off hand the setup details, but I will be happy to take notes (screenshots etc) next time I visit the site (next week I expect as I need to install the latest wonderware updates). Configuration did require: 1 installation of Omron FinsGateway Middleware as supplied by Wonderware (I do recomend installing a later version though eg Version 2003) 2 Configuration of FinsGateway (configure ethernet network with your CJ1 node) 3 Install Wonderware Omron FINS driver 4 Configure FINS driver (set up PLCs and addresses etc) 4 Configure Access Name in Intouch 5 Configure Tags in Intouch Not sure why you have been advised that CPU's over V2.24 are not supported. (we are V3's) Nibroc

What version of Wonderware are you using? Is the Device Integration the same thing as the IO Server? Where did you get the fins gate way 2003 version? When yo configured the PLC which type did you specify Cxxx, CSxxx, CVxxx? Wonderware themselves told me the processor firmware was an issue after V2.24 Thanks Nibroc for all the help. ANything you can throw my way will be helpful.

I haven't read this topic for a while and I wil explain what I have done. The InTouch version that was on site was older version 7 and in the I/O servers there was no ethernet server. I have purchased Ingear Omron OPC server and configured it and it works for two years till now.