oldnerd

Need Some Advice

4 posts in this topic

This is my third Automation Direct PLC project. I need any advice from the guru's that know a whole lot more than I do. I'm using a Dl-06DR-D with a D0-DCM in slot 1. I need to control 2 SureServo drives, 2 GS2 drives and 1 GS3 Dura Pulse drive. Also have HMI. I plan to use port 2 for my 2 SureServo drives and port 2 on the D0-DCM module for the GS2's and G3 drive.

Any input or tips would be greatly appreciated.

oldnerd 

While I have used communicatiton capabilities of the DL06 it hasen't been with these drives. Perhaps if you post at the AutomationDirect site you may get helpful replies.

Thanks for getting back with me. I have been on the phone all day on and off with Automation Direct Tech Support. The best I can get from them is " I don't know, it should work." I can talk Modbus 485 with Rx and Wx command, but not with MRX and MWX command. Tech Support says if I can talk with one I should be able to talk with the other. I'm really stuck on this one. I do not know where to go for help. I keep reading everything I can but nothing relating to my problem so far.