Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBoisvert

Brian B

3 posts in this topic

I need help with a program I wrote for school that didn't work quite right.  I have to make a chasing light program that will freeze the lights when a PB is engaged and reverse when PB is engaged on light 1.  The assignment has already been turned in but our instructor ( if you want to call him that) has told us a similar sequence will be on the final.  Can anyone help me out??

how can anyone help you? you did not provide any details, such as plc type, instructions set you are supposed to use, did not post your code, did not explain what is behaviour in your code that you or instructor don't like etc.

If you want help in this forum, you are dealing with Engineers...you must provide details.  Your question is very vague without additional details.  Screenshots, program code attachment, detailed explanation of where the system quit working.

On a side note, I have always learned more when trying to convey how the system is not working.  If you dig in and walk us through how your solution is not working, you will probably come to the core of what your problem is.  Then you can get input from the team on how to resolve.

It sounds like the project directive is...a PLC program example that will sequence (aha...a sequencer) that stores (or retains) is position based on an event and thusly resumes the sequence on another event.

What PLC platform?  What programming language and version?