Code_Line

USB TO RS232 DRIVER

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I bought a couple of programming cables from china one for connecting plc FX1S-14MT-D  model to the pc(USB TO RS232) and the other one is GOT10/20 to PC programing cable. they sent me a cd in the packages that is supposed to be containing the driver. My issue is that I have tried to figure out how to download the driver and it seems like I cant figure it out. They have 10 different drivers in the CD and the way they are titled is so confusing and is becoming a pain to even try to figure it out. I have  tried to contact the guys who sold the cables and they haven't responded. Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks in Advance.

Hopefully someone from China will see this and reply with help...

Meantime maybe if we knew what files you have and which OS you use there may be some local help too.

Proof that we get what we pay for. ;-)

I bought some awhile back and the drivers will be there in a sub-folder.

Trouble is the folders are in Chinese, not only that - they don't like 64 bit OS's.

i'm sure i will have kept the disk somewhere if you want it.

ON the plus side, I like the yellow cable better than the standard SC09. (the RX TX leds are something that should be on the sc09 especially for what they cost)

@Ron_S.....My issue is that the whole thing is in Chinese which I cant comprehend...just a few English words here and there...Do you mind to let me know How the one you installed from that CD was addressed. I have the black cable  and dint know much about the choices of black or yellow. Moreover, been running Windows7/64 and after doing my research seems like non of these drivers are compatible with window7 so I have  windows virtual pc  to run XP  because seems like that's the most conducive for this drivers.

@RussB...........I had the same thought in mind about the quality I would get from china but I was strained financially so I opted the Chinese way which now I regret. I bet experience is the best teacher they say!

@Code_Line For this purpose I'd recommend to buy and to use this USB-RS232 cable by Gembird. The Gembird products are cheap and were successfully tested with Mitsubishi PLC/HMI for years: they provide a full-pin RS232, don't have a problem with quality, OS compatibility and driver installation.

Seeing as you have a black cable and I have a yellow one, I suspect they will have different drivers (possibly different chipset)

Read this old post for information

Thanks Guys....@Ron_S that link was soo helpful.i can say I have moved from crawling..to walking..and now I can Run...was a hustle trying to navigate through this Chinese names...I had to depend on google translator but it is what it..Thank Ya'll.