mr.uba

omron ea5k-aa2-500 help

3 posts in this topic

hello, looking for some troubleshooting help with an omron ea5k-aa2-500 controller. I work in a conveyor belting shop and the controller in question is one of two used in the control box for one of our belt presses. the controllers work in tandem to control the temperature of the bottom and top of the press heads. Recently a co-worker was dialing down the set temperature on one of the controllers and might have went out of the limits of the program. Now it is stuck in some type of shutdown loop. When powering it on it displays "0000" on display#1 before showing the temp. value and the set value of 0 for a split second , then turns off and loops. My question is if there is someway to reset and re-program the controller, or is it time for a new one. Sorry for the lack of knowledge of the controller, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

I just checked the manual for the E5AK and not finding a factory reset parameter.  Link to manual below.

E5AK Manual

That said, this controller has been discontinued for some time.  I would suggest you replace it.

The replacement would the the E5AC series.  You will need to know the control outputs that are in the E5AK so that the correct E5AC model can be selected.

The manual shows where the outputs are located and what output types are available.  Your local Omron distributor should be able to assist you.

Hope this will help.

Try this:

E5AK Parameter Init.jpg