Sergio.Sanchez

Reset program

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I have this program on TIAPortal 13 where a couple of people have been working on, now its my turn to debug it. My issue it is that the program after a few runs, stop working well; and the operator needs to turn off the machine and turn it back. So the PLC starts over and the machine runs well again for a few runs. 

Im working on debugin the program to find out the problem but I havent found it. Its there any instruction that reset the program, like when the operator do the hard reset. If this is possible I can program this reset after each cycle

PLC S7-1200

Best regards

Sergio 

Please give a little more information.

What is the process? Does the machine always stop working well when executing the same mechanical function? Have you monitored the module(s) controlling this function?

How many modules (OB, FB, FC) are used in the program?

On 27/04/2016 at 11:20 PM, Sergio.Sanchez said:

My issue it is that the program after a few runs, stop working well; and the operator needs to turn off the machine and turn it back

What do you mean it stops working well?

Does the PLC go into fault or the machine is not functioning as expected?

It sounds like the fault is in the PLC program, carrying out a restart of the PLC resets all markers to 0

If this is the case it is probably a badly written program or a faulty switch/sensor ..........however more details are required.

Edited by Moggie

Thank you all for reply this post. I already solve the problem.

Here are the details:

The machine calibrate a Overload switch, to do this the machine has 3 stepper motor to move the screws in the switch. It has a analog sensor to measure the height of the bimetal and a load celll to measure the force needed to make the overload trip. So the machine its feeded it with a overload switch each time and do the calibration according the manufacture metrics. 

When the machine detect a overload switch that can not be calibreated, the machine turn on an alarm and the operator need to press the stop bottom. With this the program reset all the registers and flags. The problem was that one of the flags wasnt reset when this happens. So the solution was reseting this flag. 

This is one of my first project as a programmer, so I´m sure in going to find this forum very usefull.

Best regards

Sergio 

Hi Sergio:

when you will have new problema with the program and the CPU will go to STOP you can have a look to the online information and the diagnostics of the CPU at TIA Portal. You will find the reason the CPU go STOP and you can find some trip to find the solution.

Anywhere... you can find a lot of information about programming and examples and "How to's" at http://www.tecnoplc.com

If you have some doubt, do not hesitate to contact me...