Raffali

gateways setup for PLC CJ1M with Ethernet module

7 posts in this topic

hello guys

is there any one know how to setup default gateways on OMRON PLC CJ1M?

cause there is only setup for IP address and Subnet mask..

am trying to control the PLC using Ethernet through Wide Area Network..

so if there is no Default Gateway, the connection PC to PLC will totally lost

Add this entry into your IP Router table:

8PY6lVy4DpfSUAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

This says that for any address not on your subnet, go through 192.168.0.1 (for example) as your router.  If you wanted to allow communications only from a specific subnet, you could put something like this:

192.168.250.000    192.168.0.1  This would only allow the PLC to communicate with devices on the 192.168.250.*** subnet.

hello Michael..

first of all thanks for the reply...

actually i want to ask.. the ip address and subnet mask at the coloumn that u have upload in your comment is stance for what? is that PLC IP address? it is fixed to 192.168.x.x or i can change it to other address like 10.8.26.x ?

what is the purpose of adding the address in the  IP Router Table? the address should be refer to what IP address? for example the 000.000.000.000 is stance for what and also 192.168.0.1 stance for what?

Untitled2.png.ef1775289c8f9666fb2b063013

also what is communication that i have to use because there are several type of Ethernet? i have try the first one only...

Untitled1.png.0d070375d03e7bfe8ef152d150

and for the connection.. do i have to use modem router in order to connect PC and PLC through WAN?

below is my static IP address that am use for

Untitled3.png.cc2ad24e37833c078c18b3251a

really appreciate if you can help me....thanks in advanced..

actually i want to ask.. the ip address and subnet mask at the coloumn that u have upload in your comment is stance for what? is that PLC IP address? it is fixed to 192.168.x.x or i can change it to other address like 10.8.26.x ? 

Yes, you can set the PLC IP Address and Subnet mask to what your setup requires.  In my example, the PLC has an IP address of 192.168.0.22.  It is also necessary to set the node number switches on the front to match the last octet.  So in this example, the node number would be 16 Hex (which is equal to 22 decimal)

what is the purpose of adding the address in the  IP Router Table? the address should be refer to what IP address? for example the 000.000.000.000 is stance for what and also 192.168.0.1 stance for what?

As I mentioned in the initial response, the 0.0.0.0 means to get to any node not on this network, go through 192.168.0.1 (which was the router IP Address, what you would put in a default gateway field).  The zeros are wildcards.  So, if you wanted to be able to get to a specific subnet, you could put 192.168.5.0 and the PLC would only respond to devices that have a starting address of 192.168.5.***.  Of course, you can set the IP address of the router to whatever your system requires. 

also what is communication that i have to use because there are several type of Ethernet? i have try the first one only...

Use the first Ethernet option and be sure to set the IP Address of the PLC by clicking on the settings button next to Ethernet and choosing the driver tab.  Also make sure that the greyed out workstation node number matches the last octet of your PC's IP Address.  If not, uncheck the Auto-detect and manually type in the last octet.  In your given info above, it should read 254 (from 10.61.47.254).  If not, uncheck the auto-detect and type in 254.

and for the connection.. do i have to use modem router in order to connect PC and PLC through WAN?

You have to be able to get to the PLC from the PC. Whatever methodology you are using.  You can do it across the internet if you have allowed yourself a way to get through the firewall at a facility. 

hello michael

about the setup... should i have to configure the router for gateways?

and about the ip router table.. the first column (which is ip address) is stance for what?

also second column in the dialog (which is it say ip router address) is stance for what?

if am set for my network in control panel 10.61.47.237 and 255.255.252.0

then can i set the ip address for plc start with 10.61.47.x  255.255.255.0 or i should only use 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0 only?

thanks

about the setup... should i have to configure the router for gateways?

You will have to configure the router so that your communications can get through somehow.

and about the ip router table.. the first column (which is ip address) is stance for what?

I have answered this twice in this post already.  It is the networks that you will communicate through the gateway.  0.0.0.0 means that you will allow communications from any network through the gateway.

also second column in the dialog (which is it say ip router address) is stance for what?

I have also answered this twice in this post.  It is the "default gateway" IP Address.

if am set for my network in control panel 10.61.47.237 and 255.255.252.0

then can i set the ip address for plc start with 10.61.47.x  255.255.255.0 or i should only use 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0 only? 

You should set your subnet as 255.255.252.0 and use the addresses you want to use.  This may cause some issues with the node number dialed in on the front of the PLC matching the node number of the IP Address.  See here: 

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/25148-cj2m-ethernet-ip-error-f3/#comment-121115

hello michael..

thanks for the information..

i will try to configure the setup first..

really appreciate it mike..

sorry if am asking the same question.. it's so confusing me.. too new to this networking