FranzPLC

Omron servo (R88D) homing using Mitsu FX3u

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem on how to save the home position for omron servo driver. How does the servo driver know where the home position is after turning on?

Btw, I am using Mitsubishi FX3u for my PLC

What is the part number of the servo motor?  That will tell us if it is an absolute or incremental encoder.  If it is absolute, then it will have a battery that will allow for the encoder to remember its position.  There is a short process to go through to establish the origin / home position and then it will remember it from then on out.  If it is an incremental encoder, then you will have to perform an origin / home search every time that you turn power on to the machine.

The servo motor is R88M-KE10030H-BS2. I think it is incremental. I can go already to the home position but how can I register that position to be the home position of the servo? In my case, the servo still registers its home position to its last position after turning on.

The E in your part number does not appear to be correct.  Is it supposed to be R88D-KT?  Your PLC position controller should have the ability to perform an origin search.  There should be a sensor mounted on the machine so that the servo can locate its home position during the home search routine.