gusovi

RFID readers

4 posts in this topic

This is my first post on this forum and need some help from the experts:

We are still using V600-H11 RFID reader/writer (old production line). A new production line is being assembled and we had to switch to V680S-HMD63-ETN , I think the V600-H11's are being obsoleted.  We bought CJ2M-CPU33's for this new line and I have some questions regarding the compability and/or hardware needed.

- Do I need to buy a CJ1W-ETN21 module to connect the RFID or can it be connected directly to the built-in ethernet port in the CPU? 

- is the ladder diagram similar to the one we are using for the V600's ? or function blocks HAVE to be used ?

- Does anybody has a ladder diagram sample for this V680's reader/writer?

Thanks in advance for your time to read this message and help.  

Saludos desde MX

Based on a very quick review of datasheets and manuals, The V680-ETN is a Modbus TCP device.

I am not seeing where the CJ2-CPU33 or the CJ1W-ETN21 support Modbus TCP.

I think the better option would be the V680-HMD63-EIP unit.  This would connect directly to the E/IP port on the CJ2M-CPU33.

However, I may have missed something in the documentation.

gtsuport,

You are absolutely correct.

gusovi,

You can use socket services with a CJ1W-ETN21 to do what you want.  I posted some code in the download section, you can find a good starting point here:

Thank you gentlemen for your quick response...  I will keep you posted on how this ends.