Kaysteel

PIDAT Program setting

17 posts in this topic

Greetings to everyone..

I am trying to set up PIDAT instruction for CP1E omron plc..

I have done all the apr scaling inputs to accomodate the PIDAT structure..but when i download to the plc and set the PIDAT in auto mode..the PIDAT error P_ERR trigger..am not sure where the fault is..appreciate if someone can have a look into my prog setting.

Cyclone01TEST.cxp

Cyclone01TEST.cxp

I am not so sure if my range setting is correct..giving this P_ERR on bit..

At first glance you have not defined a sampling period parameter C+4.

This is data D214, T_ADD in your progam.

Thank you for the reply..

Yes you are right..I did defined the sampling period in the program at the first place and i removed it just to ensure that the P_ERR is not set from the wrongly set the sampling time.Currently i am a bit confused with the parameter setting of the PID Instruction. The PID setting will be set from the HMI.(Maintenace mode page)

The P_ERR always set error when i set to auto mode from the NBQ HMI..According to the manual the P_ERR will be set if

• ON if the C data is out of range.
• ON if the actual sampling period is more than twice the designated sampling period.
• ON while it is recognized as an error if the manipulated variable does not change in 9999 seconds by
limit-cycle during autotuning.
• OFF in all other cases.
Therefore i am trying to isolate the problem since i am not sure which condition that trigger the error bit. I think my c data setting are not correct. I already simulated the analogue input by injecting 4-20ma signal and it does varies accordingly. But the output stand still does not change although i set the SP accordingly to initiate the PID. Obviously it is due to the P_ERR has been triggered.

Kindly if you can just give a look on the parameter setting of the PID especially the input and output range. Iam not sure how to set those parameter. Is my input and output setting are right?

Hi..everyone..finally I manage to figure out how setup the pidat structure..I will post the sample program tomorrow..hopefully it might be usefull for someone that need it..

At the moment am replying using my phone..

1 person likes this

There are Fonction Block for PID on Omron France site. (If french is not a problem)

http://www.support-omron.fr/Programmes.php

Edit : Sorry I just realized that CP1E don't support FB's.

Edited by pfort

hi...here are the example prog.hope it helps..

This application is to control temperature 0-250deg with thermo oil control valve 4-20ma output

regards..

PID Example.cxp

2 people like this

Excuse me, Sir. Would you mind checking my project please? I'm getting dizzy for sure, how can I obtain the output of PIDAT instructions? Somebody help me, please. I gotta make it clear as soon as possible. Thanks.

New.bak

New.cxp

New.opt

5715143671197_D200Memory.thumb.JPG.e6ada

Question 1

Are you trying to use the in Simulation mode of CX Programmer?

IF Yes then it won't re2pond. You must have physical PLC.

Question 2

Are you loading the DM area to the PLC. Looks like you have some values starting at D200 in the memory table.

Yes Sir, compile it first, am I wrong? haha After that I'll work online to PLC CP1H, Sir. Actually, this is my minithesis, Sir. I've tried to control position of DC Servo motor as actuator for my robot arm with PIDAT controller. Then I'd like to ask Sir, talking about all  parameters of PIDAT instruction, aren't they stored  in DM area? Sorry Sir if I'd many questions, honestly I'm still lack of knowledge. 

Edited by LW Ramanda

Your servo motor should have a feedback signal to do positioning..Turning the motor alone wont help the actuator..becoz the motor is been actuated and the arm tends to move..to what extend?..the plc need to know..Your instrumentation is lacking some device to function..

Pardon, Sir. Would you like to tell me more about what should I do now, Sir? What kind of devices that I've to fulfil in order to make it works as it should be? I'll very appreciate if you wanna explain it more. Thanks a lot, Sir.

Edited by LW Ramanda

12 hours ago, dragoszaman said:

Please see a sample program. The PID is not working on simulator, only on real PLC

PID Example.cxp

That is correct.  PID / PIDAT instructions do not work in simulation.  

1 person likes this

On 7/18/2019 at 2:32 AM, Michael Walsh said:

That is correct.  PID / PIDAT instructions do not work in simulation.  

Dear Sir,

I want to control Haydruluic valve(Input - Water level , Two Digital Output- Valve Open and close) use by PID Instruction through CJ1M(CPU22) PLC.

Did you anyone example file for about this application.

Pls help me.

Thank you.

You would use the PID instruction as demonstrated in the code earlier in the thread and scale the output of the PID instruction from 0-100% and then feed that value into the TPO instruction.