Inntele

[PLC Sample Code] - Daylight Saving Time Library for EU and US rules

5 posts in this topic

Daylight Saving Time Library for EU and US rules

The library for GX Works2 software is valid for any type of Q/L CPUs and consists of two program blocks, DST_EU and DST_US. Add the desided block as a first executable block of your program and also add two global variables into Global Label, as it's described in the library's comments. Any time of year CPU RTC must be always set to GMT!

DST.7z

Edited by Inntele

Thanks! This will be very useful here in Sweden.

Need the password for the library though...

Best regards,

//Jonas

Hi,

What password do you mean?

The library is compressed by 7z-archiver. The archive is not closed with password, so just:
1) download the archiver, install it onto your PC and decompress the .sul file;
2) add the library into your project and add a couple variables into the list of Global Labels, according to the library's comments;
3) add the appropriate library's POU into your program as a first executable program block; 
4) set the PLC RTC to the local UTC
and enjoy.

The library is closed with password, but for customer is not necessary to open and modify it. The customer will operate with variables, that added into the list of Global Labels.  The comment to library can be opened without password.

In case you detect bugs in its operation, then just inform me about it. I can make a correction and then reload a new release of library here.

Thanks for your answer.
It was indeed the library password I was asking for.
The thing is that we have a lot of PLC's out there and I can not install anything on them without reviewing the code first.
I unerstand if you don't want to share this password but then I am not allowed to use it.
/Regards, J

Dear Jonas,

I don't understand, what prevent you to make test the operability of my DST routine without opening the library. Also, I don't understand why I should be mortally scared  that you will not be able to install this routine to your multiple PLCs.
I developed this library and published it here to save other programmers from having to write it by themselves. Of course, if you don't trust to my qualification and products, you may write something similar by yourself.

Edited by Inntele