Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Micik

PLC configuration suggestion

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I'm new on this forum but I'm not new at PLC programming world. So far I had only experience with Siemens PLC controllers. 

Now I have a relatively simple application in which I have 12 DI, 4 DO, 4 AI and 4 AO. The client insists that I use Schneider PLCs. I must admit that I had no previous experience  with these PLCs. Therefore I kindly ask for your help in choosing the appropriate PLC configuration.  The PLC must have RJ45 for connection to LAN network. I want to create a small HMI application and thinking of using IGSS software. There will be one simple PID controller to control temperature in one vessel.  Temperature is 4-20 mA signal.

Via HMI application, operator can change setpoint for the temperature closed loop. Also, I need that other computer on the network have possibility to open HMI picture but only in read only mode. For this purpose, Web server would be ideal. I was thinking of using M258, but it seems to big controller for this number of I/Os.

What can you suggest me regarding the PLC configuration and HMI software?

Thank you!

Edited by Micik

Hello Micik,

You could use TM221 or TM200 PLC with expansion modules and HMIGXO (without ethernet port) HMIGTO (with ethernet port)

Dhaval Patel