ianreeves

Daylight Saving Time Adjustment

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone got a good work-around for the UK daylight saving hours. Our SNTP server updates but doesn't adjust for daylight saving.

It's an L Series so we use the Time Setting in the PLC parameters.

I just wondered if anyone had a neat way of automatically adjusting for this.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks, the time/date implementation isn't the same for L and Q over the FX series, so that code doesn't work

Hi,

Just recently I had the DST routine for Q/L https://plus.google.com/+MITSUBISHIPLCPROGRAMMER/posts/crZtHk6jvVS , but due to a problem with HDD it was lost.  I can write the routine from scratch to publish here in download section (may be at the nearest evening or night). What a programming software do you use, GX IEC or GX Works?

Thanks, GX Developer if possible ?

I can see how it will work if the system is running as DST occurs, but the issue I have is if the system is switched off, then on again after DST has occurred. So you miss the actual change point.

49 minutes ago, ianreeves said:

Thanks, GX Developer if possible?

Sorry, I will make the DST routine in a library form. The libraries are supported by GX IEC Developer or GX Works, GX Developer does not support libraries.

55 minutes ago, ianreeves said:

I can see how it will work if the system is running as DST occurs, but the issue I have is if the system is switched off, then on again after DST has occurred. So you miss the actual change point.

With this routine a time in PLC will be actual always, even at passing DST point it was in stop mode or unpowered.

Sorry... The promised routine is not ready, because I can not already remember, how restrictions to operands has been bypassed at previous time, and at present can not spend a lot of time to find a way. When will be a time, I make attempt to liven up the old HDD.

Thanks, will have a look when I'm back on Monday :)

OK. I had not a time to test the library before publishing. So if something will work wrong, please inform me

Being stupid how do you import it ? My library files come up as SUL files ?

27 minutes ago, ianreeves said:

Being stupid how do you import it ? My library files come up as SUL files ?

File with 7z extension is compressed by 7z-archiver, the .sul is inside. So just download the archiver and decompress the file

1 person likes this