Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nmk34

ME Data Store Logging Data

2 posts in this topic

I started logging data using data store in panel view plus 6 and have a delima:
I am logging 5 tags using data store activex and one of these tage is linked to a string input object for operator comments. suppose I am logging data every 30 seconds and the operator wants to update the string input object(with comments) at any time and this comment needs to be logged in only once.
1) is there a flag after each row of all 5 tags logged in has completed, maybe I can use one shot and clear the comment, but after I know when it logged the comment.
2) can a tag be looged in (updated)manually between data logging frequency(30 sec above)
3) what is handshack bit in the connection tab do?
I am hopping to keep the comments in the same as the other tags and the comments to appear in the dat once and at the time it was entered by the operator.
Thanks

Thank you

1) Yes, there is a flag (one shot) when the file write is done; use the handshake connection.
2) Yes, you can manually log data to the file; use the trigger connection.
3) The handshake connection tells you when the file write has completed. It is an odd way for it to work, but when you use the handshake the system will set that connection to 1 and then clear to 0 after the file write is complete. It will also clear the "trigger" connection to 0.

I think you can get it to work the way you want; log a string comment one time.
- have a push button to manually trigger the data store write; after a comment is typed in.
- assign a global macro to clear the comments string; use the same tag assigned to the handshake connection to also trigger the global macro.

Give it a shot and post back on how you got it working.