Mulemba

FX3GE to GS2107 Ethernet Connection

11 posts in this topic

What am I doing wrong? I have an FX3GE PLC. I have set up the IP address 192.168.3.254 and I am able to connect with my laptop running GX Works2 version 1.501X. I also have a GS2107 that I have set up with IP address 192.168.3.18 (Default). I can communicate with my laptop running GT Designer3 version 1.151H. The HMI is still failing to communicate with the PLC. I have followed different threads on this forum, tried different port settings on the HMI. I have attached my settings. Is there anything else I need to set?

Settings.png

Have you tried a crossover Ethernet cable? Just a thought...

Thanks plcdp. I have not yet, but will certainly do and get back to you....

Just tried crossover ethernet cable, no joy! Crossover, Patch and hub - all different combinations, still no joy

Edited by Mulemba
Update

Looking at your settings, if you go into open setting tab on your built in Ethernet port in the PLC parameters, the protocol should be UDP, Melsoft connection. Then on your GOT Ethernet setting, change TCP to UDP. I think that should work.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Hi, here is my working settings:

You have wrong port numbers. The HMI should have 5019 instead of 5556 and PLC 5556 instead of 5551. Try it.

Lambir

1 person likes this

I also inserted the printscreen of my settings but it wasn't displayed in my answer. I don't know why.

Lambir is correct. Even though the Ethernet port is in the main unit now it is still configured as an FX3U-ENET ADP. Meaning that Port 5556 is reserved for that (Port 5551 is used for FX3U-ENET Special Function Module).

1 person likes this

Thank you everyone for your contributions. I have now managed to get connection between HMI & CPU. It appears the biggest difference is the Port setting of 5556 on the FX PLC. Even though the attachment shows 5551 on the GOT, I have tried 5019 and it is working ok.

Settings 02.png

2 people like this

Hello All,

I am trying to communicate FX3GE PLC with GX Developer.Will it work on ethernet port.

I have tried the same but no success.

What is the default IP address of this PLC?

Athough it is communicating with GX Developer via usb.

Please share the procedure of communicating FX3GE plc with GX Developer via ethernet port.

If it can't communicate with GX developer, then how can can I communicate it with GX works?

On 3/28/2016 at 2:07 PM, Mulemba said:

Thank you everyone for your contributions. I have now managed to get connection between HMI & CPU. It appears the biggest difference is the Port setting of 5556 on the FX PLC. Even though the attachment shows 5551 on the GOT, I have tried 5019 and it is working ok.

Settings 02.png

Much obliged.  Lurked here for a while, first post.  Wrestled with this for longer than I'd care to admit, but this got it going.  Thanks!