MikeIsotech

Updating CPM2C Data Display string in DM area

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a newbie, both on this forum and with PLCs, though I do have a software background.

I'm helping a friend with a piece of equipment that he's bought. It uses a CMP2C and a NT2S-SF123B-EV2. To save water in his process he needs some timings changed within the PLC. I've managed to do this using CX Programmer. We do have one problem left, the NT2S displays text strings that reflect the old values. From what I've managed to find, the NT2S uses strings stored in the DM area of the PLC. The problem that I have is that I can't find out how to edit these strings.

It looks like SYSWIN was the tool for this, but this won't run on my Windows 8.1 machine. Does anyone know how I can do this? Is there anything in the CX One package?

Thanks for any help given,

Mike

Hello Mike,I am not sure I understand your question, but maybe it will help you:

Open the Memory Window, then you can choose the format you display the content of your DM's.

See the 2 screenshot below:

Capture.JPG.fc60def9b2c64c54671c27cd0256

Untitled.thumb.jpg.47f4b1ae32619ac2c0f18

Thanks - sorry if I wasn't clear, That will hopefully do it. The current strings didn't download when I pulled the program from the PLC so I guess they'll have to be done on-line. There quite a lot of existing messages and I only need to update or add seven new ones.

It's not that you was not clear, it's that English is not my language.

You can do it online (Monitor), or you can upload or download too.

As I understand of your need the most easy would be do it Online and type the text in the required cases, with text view.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.3dd750632037653254a1c

Edited by pfort