Maqsood

panelview550 error 31 and also not communicating with rslinx and panelbuilder32.

11 posts in this topic

panelview550 error 31 and also not communicating with rslinx and panelbuilder32.whats the pinout diagram of pv550 to rslinx and communication process.i apologize for my bad english beacuse its not my native language. 

Please supply the full part number of the PanelView so that we can help you, the part number will tell us what communication protocol the PanelView uses.

i have panelview550 cat2711-k5a5  kepad.the old program has crash so i install same program in panelview550 but the communication link between pv550 to rslinx not up means the pv550 not connected with rslinx or pc.the panelview550 comm led and fault led are blinking one bye one .pv550 to rslinx or pc ,  the cable for communication i used  ere made by me  through internet search DB-9 female port to DB-9 female port .when i connect pv550 to Micrologix1200 plc then comm led blinking stoped but  with rslinx  they not stoped.actually pv550 not connecting  or maybe my configuring mistake.

Edited by Maqsood

Hi Zach,  the PaneView that Maqsood has uses DH485 protocol over RS232 hardware(9 pin plug) not ethernet, that is why I asked for the full part number.

Alan

Dear suggest me how i download a .pva file in pv550 and tell me rs232  pinout from pv550 to pc  if any other procedure is here so suggest...

i only download a file in pv550 but pv550 not communicating with rslinx and not appear when i configure communication protocol AB-DF1 buad rate 19200 CRC parity after that when i click on auto configure then he show  unable to find device   

Are you changing out a PanelView and the new unit will not communicate?  The old or new PanelView part number is  Cat #2711-K5A5 (which has a RS-232 port only)?  Indicate the part number of the old PanelView and the new PanelView.

If the old and new PanelView part numbers are not exactly the same, the PanelBuilder application program will need to be updated to indicate the correct hardware used.  Trying to download wrong hardware application program will not proceed.

If you are making up a cable, this indicates the communication ports are different (and thusly, the application program must be changed to indicate which PanelView model you are using).

You noted that you searched the internet for the pinout.  Note that A-B/Rockwell does not always follow conventional pinout.  What is the MicroLogix 1200 PLC part number?

Dear  Mickey i need the 2711-NC13 Cable pinout diagram.

Kaiser . I am using my old pv550 but the software erased  on this pv550  unexpactdly during using.so i need to install the same software on pv550 and the .pva file is same as which is used already on pv550.so the problem here i facing when i connect it with pc for .pva file installing  but first  protocol set and then auto configure but when i hit on auto configure  then he show unable to find.....message show

Panelview 550

cat 2711-k5a5

ser f

rev D

frn 3.12

win mk1jc7os

texcekl group 90804

pinout diagram of cable nc13

Edited by Maqsood

On 3/31/2016 at 8:59 PM, Maqsood said:

Dear  Mickey i need the 2711-NC13 Cable pinout diagram.

Ok, its just a straight thru cable.

I did not know a ML1200 had a 9 pin RS232 port?

2711NC13_14.pdf

Edited by Mickey