anhtuandrg

Register new EDS File for Inverter

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm newbie in Allen Bradley and I'm trying to learn.

I have Logix Designer v24,  a demo with a 1756-L75 ControlLogix 5570 Controller, an Ethernet module 1756-EN2TR and an inverter Powerflex 525 Embeded Ethernet v4.1. First, I added PLC and Ethernet module, then I added the inverter module in ethernet module. Logix Designer only showed me revision 1.1 and 2.2 of Powerflex 525. I clicked Web Update button in "Module Definition" and it brought me to a EDS download website. I downloaded the EDS file for that Powerflex with revision 4.1 and used EDS Hardware Installation Tool in Logix Designer to register this new EDS file. But it didn't work.

Please tell me how can I add new revision for Powerflex in Logix Designer

Revision.png

One way is to make sure you are connected to the drive and the PLC but offline (and program loaded into the PLC), then click on the Match Drive button and follow prompts to up load from the drive once that is done you save the offline file and can then load it into the PLC.

Alan.

The EDS file tells RSLinx what is going on. To get RSLogix 500 up to date you need an new AOP (Add On Profile). This provides an updated .dll file for the new revision.

Once more

EDS = RSLinx

AOP = RSLogix5000