Bigdaddy_1999

PLC Comms problems Thru Dell Networking N3000 Series

2 posts in this topic

I'm having Allen Bradley PLC communication issue to a shared remote Rack. The Remote rack en2t card seems to reset. The Network path to it PLC to EN2t to N-tron switch to (Dell Managed Switch) to fiber converter to fiber to fiber converter to n-tron to remote en2t card

I've found that when I replace the Dell Managed switch with a generic link sys switch. My I/0 OK Status light on the PLC will only blink 2 times a day compared to the Dell N3048 switch which will cause the status light to blink >500 times a day. I have fault code that runs in the PLC to determine what's causing the I/O fault and it Always points to the same remote rack.

I've swapped fiber converters patch cables n trons en2t cards nothing effect it except the managed switch replacement...I haven't replaced the physical remote rack yet, cause I'm having trouble justifying it, since I get such a dramatic change when swapping the switch.     Anybody have any thought or ideas please provide... 

I know this is late, but I had the very same issue and my resolution was to use a AB Stratix 5400 AND you must use a AB 100MB Transceiver

and everything worked just fine.  I have also used the 1756-EN2F module and it also worked very well.