Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seth350

1734-232ASC

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

First time ASCII comms and I am currently trying to connect a Point I/O 232ASC card to a Keyence LK-G5000 laser displacement sensor via RS232C port.

Logix5000 v.20.01.00

I have the card and sensor wired as the manual suggests. I have the baud, parity, stop bits, and delimiters set as the manual suggests.

The keyence has a MS,01 [CR] command that is supposed to reply back with the current measured value but when I send this command the only thing that changes is the Receive.Status. It will change from 0 to 16. Receive records does not increment. 

The keyence manual says it only needs the CR delimiter at the end and speaks nothing of a starting delimiter.

In the 232ASC tags, I enter the command like this.
Keyence:4:O.Data[0] - M
Keyence:4:O.Data[1] - S
Keyence:4:O.Data[2] - ,
Keyence:4:O.Data[3] - 0
Keyence:4:O.Data[4] - 1
Keyence:4:O.Data[5] - $r

Length set to 6.

One other thing is the Keyence manual specifies the SD (TXD) pin as an input and the RD (RXD) as an output. So I have it wired as SD->TX and RD->RX.

If anyone could give some advice as to if I have the command and length right, I would appreciate it. Like I said, I am not receiving anything back from the Keyence.

it is unclear if RS232 port of the LK is DTE or DCE device. you have wired it as DCE, try swapping TX and RX

Thanks panic,

I did try that and still nothing.

*Edit: I jumped the Tx to Rx on the module and do not recieve anything either.

Edited by seth350

New progress...after fumbling my way through this...

I was not receiving anything with Tx jumped to Rx until I changed the transmit length to 16. Max characters is set to 20. Once I did that I started receiving the command I sent.