ScottP32

PF755 not connected to 1756-L72S

2 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have a 1756-L72S with a 1756-EN2T and an ethernet network of point I/O and three Powerflex 755's.  I'm having trouble with the Powerflex 755.  Only one of them shows up as "running" status, the other two have this status in the status field of RSLogix/Designer.

"Connection Request Error:  Module not configured".

All 3 drives are the same, and as far as I know, they have the same setup.  On all three drives, I physically entered the IP address on the HIM module.  Then I added the three drives to the Ethernet device tree in the same way (with the exception of different IP addresses of course).  I can ping all 3 drives.

The only thing I can think to mention is that the all three drives have firmware version 12.001, and the PLC (v20.13) only has firmware version 9 selection for the 755 drives.  I'm surprised even one of them showed up as connected, so that's a little strange to me.  I would've thought with electronic keying set to "compatible" I would need to down grade the drive firmware.  But in any case, one of the drives seem to be running status, so I didn't think this version mismatch would cause the error I'm seeing.

You might need to update your PF755 AOP in Logix to the latest version v4.08.00

Go to AB Compatibility then search powerflex 755.

Select version, then downloads. 

Tick the select files box then download and install the file