skhan4u

Splitting a Signal from 1 source to 2 with shield

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, 

i am looking for a device / relay / signal splitter, to split the signal coming from the LOAD CELL ( 0745A, Mettler Toledo ). into 2 signals, 

currently the signal from LOAD CELL, is used at IND205 ( Mettler Toledo ),  to monitor the Weight of the Baggage.

now i am going to install a new self checking kiosk which also need the weight signals from the LOAD CELL to display the weight, 

i could have used a normal changeover replay for this purpose ( as the signals are not necessarily required same time at both display ) but i dont need to break the Shield from the cable,

the same needs to be continued as well, 

Any1 know of any replay / device which can solve this issue ?

attached is the load cell and IND205 datasheet for more reference.

0745A_Load_Cell_Datasheet_130801_en.pdf

ind205-d_r4.pdf

A quick Google search resulted in a device from API.  Their website is www.api-usa.com. The device I saw is APD 5393.  I would opt for a signal splitter, like this device rather than actually breaking the load cell signal with a mechanical device.  The nice thing about signal splitters is that they provide complete isolation and each channel can typically be calibrated individually without affecting the other.

1 person likes this

Another option is to write the value from the load cell analog input card directly to an analog output card, then wire this output to the second device.