Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jimbob1960

Telemecanique TSX 21

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I need to extract a program from a Telemecanique TSX 21, but haven't a clue what cables & software I will need to do it. I would be EXTREMELY grateful for anybody that could shed some light. Many thanks, Jim Bob

Never heard of TSX21. Maybe TSX27? or TSX17-21xxxx?

Looking for some technical documentation on TSX21, if someone got some?

I'm guessing by the lack of responses to this post 2 1/2 years ago, there are not many people on the forums here who have ever worked with the TSX21. I didn't know there was such a thing, I've seen the TSX17, 27, 47, 67, and the newer 37 and 57, but never a 21.

Yes, the thing realy exists and is also know as the Eberle PLS511(S) And I'm in desperate need for a manual.

I can try to get a manual thru our Global Tech Support and also I'll ask my Russian collegues. It could take 3-4 days. 7 Aug 2007, Update: I couldn't find it. Even our Tech Support told me: "I know the guy who knows the guy who knows another guy who has a manual" :( Edited by Igor_Filkov

Hi, I've learnt to program that plc at school in 1985. As someone said before this plc is an Eberle sold by Telemecanique under his brand. Telemecanique gave up that plc as soon they released the serie 7 (TSX27, 47, 67 etc.) in the mid 80's. This plc doesn't have a communication port, you had to extract the memory from the plc and put it in a suitcase that looked like a james bond movie's accessorie then with the help of a keyboard of at least ten keys you could modify the program directely in the memory. This suitcase was called PRU 08. I could find some documentation about it, but of course it will be in french so probably completely useless for people here. In anyway this plc is a piece of museum and in my humble opinion it's a big waste of time (an money) to try to do something with it. JC from France

JC is right. I've used the PRU to get back a TSX21 program by linking the suitcase printer connector to my laptop. Here is sample code: 0102 L 775 0103 AN425 0104 = 421 0105 =N777 0106 LN202 0107 A 425 0110 O 262 0111 AN215 0112 = 262 0113 LN203 0114 A 425 0115 O 263 0116 AN215 0117 = 263 0120 =N777 Anyway if the plc is a PLS 511S you can use EDOPS2 software.

Today i search PRU08 with google and i have noted that someone has problem. I have a manual for TSX11 and TSX21. I have two TSX21. I have also an PRU08 consolle. I can read program from EPROM with display. I can't write program on my RAM,because it has some problem. I can print program. If someone need some material can ask on Ebay to Plc-City. I need a Ram pc board for my PRU08. : Edited by gdl48

This thread began in 2004 and was most recently posted on nearly 9 months ago. I assume by now that the person got an answer or gave up. If you have manuals for these units, I'd like to see copies for my archives. Can you post them here in the Downloads section?

Hello, I didn't get any more information about TSX 21. You can close the topic if you want, but it can be useful to have a topic on this kind of API because there is not a lot of people that know it. Bye.

Who said anything about closing the topic? If materials are available, MRPLC will be glad to have them in the Downloads section.

I'm sorry. The manual is on paper form. If someone need a copy of it contact Plc-city on eBay. Now I am able to print programs with my consolle from an EPROM card of TSX21, (the first card in plc slot) and can translate in ladder program.

This is really late, but I just randomly stumbled on this thread, I hope somebody is still listening.... Attached is the TSX21 Technical Manual... Good luck guys! TSX21 Technical Manual.pdf

Colleagues,  do you still have the Manual? The upload no longer seems to be there. Couldn't find it in files either.

We have an old Hämmerle 3-point Bending Machine from 1984 and after many years of no possibility to fix its electronics, we finally started a new offensive - this machine is way to epic to put to trash, isn't it?

After checking the Delem DA33 main control board, now the X-axis still is not finding its end position - and the end position switches point to the control Telemecanique TSX21 in the electric panel (not operator panel).

It seems the end switch's line is pulled high with resistors - these have been cut out decades ago by the initial factory it seems.

Now for calculating these pull-ups' resistance and wattage logic levels and also some information about the TSX21 as to understand which voltage and current magnitudes it can take could be helpful.

Thankful for any hint!

Edit: (I'm open source engineer, we are creating special parts with ethics in mind, we are neither mass producing nor any danger to professional companies. We can't afford a new machine solely due to electronics failure - the mechanics is what we can repair. (Bitronics which bought Hämmerle Zofingen told us we'd rather buy a new machine than them helping us ... :-( )

Edited by faerietree