Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
f3dps2

NJ EtherCAT Error Handling

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been working on some advanced error handling for my NJ301 system, most notably EtherCAT error detection/correction and have gotten a little stuck getting it to work as predicted. My goal is to output a BOOL if one of the EtherCAT nodes loses power (loss of communications) and be able to tell which one it is. I have tried using the 'Node1_Minor_Fault' variable and while this works, it's hardly specific and all the nodes further down the chain will also show up as faulted (but with a different ID in the NJ troubleshooter).

I have a feeling the GetECErrors function block is a better way to do it, but the instruction reference is severely lacking a table of Error ID codes and their meanings. Do i just copy the error ID from the troubleshooter when it occurs? What if more than one EtherCAT error happens at the same time, which one takes priority in the error code output of the FB?

I was hoping someone may have already made up some error handling code for EtherCAT systems they might be willing to share - I'm trying to get a popup on an NA screen when any EtherCAT error happens, with a description of what it is and where.

Thanks

There are built in system variables to show the connection and error status of all devices.  Look in the NJ EtherCAT manual for troubleshooting details.

... also in general at the W503-E1-13 NJ/NX-series Troubleshooting Manual for full list of error codes