Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest eliecer

peripheral port in cpm1a omron plc

8 posts in this topic

Hi! I need to change the program in cpm1a but is dificult for me to get a CPM1-CIF01 adapter. I know connections between PC RS232 port and RS232C in adapter, I know that principal function in adapter is to converter RS232 levels to CMOS levels from peripheral port too. I can do it but i only need pin's distributions in peripheral port, that's means, TxD and RxD signals and others. Notes: - Peripheral port connector have 20 pins. - The plc is connected to NT2S-122- interface and I know cable configuration between peripheral port and interface. Can I do something with that?. I believe that is impossible to connect PC to PLC through this interface Edited by eliecer

For the pin outs i believe that this has been addressed in an eralier forum post, use the search facility...and on the second issue you probably could play around with the NT2S cable, but beware that i think that one of the pins would be carriying a 5volt supply for the screen and as such if accidently earthed could cause problems with the PLC comms port....

The easiest way would be to use a programming cable CQM1-CIF02
1 person likes this

CQM1-CIF02 Pin-out: CQM1_CIF02.pdf
1 person likes this

NT2S Cables: NT2S_Cables.pdf

Thanks for all, i will try to built the cable with these informations.

Hello to all After having searched for information in the web and get some of them offered by you, I finally began to construct an adapter in order to communicate my Toshiba laptop Tecra8000 to PLC Omron CPM1A. The zeal that I dedicate in constructing the adapter is because in my country they are not sold and get one borrowed for somebody is very difficult and if you get it are for brief time. Well, some things exist that they don't allow me to advance in the construction of the adapter. The first information that I tried to search for was the pinouts of PLC peripheral port. Thanks to the offered information by Mr. Jay Anthony could know only like this connected the original adapter CPM1-CIF01 ([attachment] post-17-1060059045), that's means the functions of the pinouts of PLC peripheral port and function of the adapter, but not what pins of peripheral port (pins 1,2,3, etc.) they are associates with the adapter. The Omron PLC is connected to NT2S-SF122B-E interface. In the web there is a file named NT2ST_Quick_Start_Ver103 where one could find pins of NT2S-CN222-V1cable connector, utilized in order to communicate the PLC with the interface showed in figure 2. In figure 5 in attachment could be seen the connection between peripheral port and DB9 port of the interface that appears in file NT2ST_Quick_Start_Ver103. I constructed the adapter with this information (Figura1); I utilized the IC CMOS RS-232 drivers/ receivers AD232. I utilize Syswin3.4 in order to communicate my laptop with PLC, I connect the built adapter for my and with default configurations of RS232 port I attempt to communicate but the following message appears "PLC responds incorrectly." I revised NT2S-CN222-V1 cable that is connected to PLC and for my surprise (figure 4) the connections of pins don't coincide with those showed in figure 5. I also download a given file by Mr. Jay Anthony: NT2S_Cables, where another different configuration (figura3) appears. Really I don't know for where guiding me. If I have the correspondence exactly ([attachment]: post-17-1060059045) between each pin of peripheral port (1, 2, 3, etc.) and the TxD, RxD,/ DCD, TOOL, LINK signals, etc., I would be more sure in order to construct the interface and I avoid to follow investigating more in NT2S-SF122B-E interface and the corresponding cable. All the given information has been very useful for me, but it maybe prevents me from advancing more. While waiting for their aid, Eliecer

Schema USB-CIF01 and Simatic RS485 comm. Bonus: Omron Peripherial port description. Domestic production. Edited by GQALL