Jiggadoo

Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application

12 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have been working with a Factory Talk Studio V8.0 and my computer was crashed, "blue screen". After this, I can not open my panel project anymore, I only get information

Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application.

How to save my project?

Now I am very much worried, I can not even restore my earlier backup file (.apa). I do get an information

Unable to restore the application .....

Please check

- there is sufficient disk space

- the application is not open elswhere

- The destination application does not already exists

Items 1 and 2 are checked, last one I do not know what does it mean. Removing the project files or leaving it to the folder does have any affect .

:dance:

I found the solution now from internet....

Restarting does not help but when I deleted 2 existing files in project PrivateDirectory - folder, I was able to open my project again. Program was creating these 2 files by itself again. Probably, there was some damages with these files.... If someone have more knowledge of these files, I would be happy to understand it!!!:-2

1 person likes this

On 4/2/2016 at 1:38 AM, Jiggadoo said:

:dance:

I found the solution now from internet....

Restarting does not help but when I deleted 2 existing files in project PrivateDirectory - folder, I was able to open my project again. Program was creating these 2 files by itself again. Probably, there was some damages with these files.... If someone have more knowledge of these files, I would be happy to understand it!!!:-2

thanks a lot, that was very helpful

I am having same problem, which 2 files need to delete? Thanks

Hello, its true the answer of Joshua.

This is the route in W7:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects

Delete this:
[Name proyect].prd
[Name proyect].prd.bk

This for me work fine.

Best reggards. :dance:

1 person likes this

Hello, please I just realized this post deals with an issue am currently having, and so I think asking for help here will be most appropriate.

I just installed Factory Talk View version 8, and licensed it. But every time I try creating a new project/application, it fails and displays this message: "Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application".

Please what am I doing wrongly?

Thanks for your help!

1 person likes this

On ‎17‎.‎8‎.‎2016 at 8:30 PM, francisedetz said:

Hello, please I just realized this post deals with an issue am currently having, and so I think asking for help here will be most appropriate.

I just installed Factory Talk View version 8, and licensed it. But every time I try creating a new project/application, it fails and displays this message: "Failed to open factory talk private directory for the application".

Thanks for your help!

Hi!

I had this same problem too, I was installing the program and could not open or create any projects.

In my case, problem seems to be firewall. When I accepted this in Firewall settings, everything works fine.

On 8/17/2016 at 1:30 PM, francisedetz said:

Thanks for your help!

Hi did you find a solution finally? I am having the same problem.

**solved?**

I had something similar and think I found a solution. The error seems to indicate a file lock on a directory. Here is my synopsis:

Problem:

The PC rebooted and when trying to load the FTalk application – shows an error:

‘Failed to backup system directory’ or something similar.

Symptoms:

No matter what we tried, the error persisted:

1.       loading different FT apps

2.       reboots

3.       changing settings for FTalk

Solution:

Kill all FactoryTalk applications using TaskManager – some may come back if they are killed in the wrong order. There are about 20 applications to kill.

Kill = cmLicensing, FTalk services, RNA services, anything that looks like it is Rockwell, Ftalk, etc.

Rename directory c:\Program Data\Rockwell\RNAServer to something else to save as a backup.

Reboot the PC

Run the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration program - you will need a Windows user login with username and password.

Reboot the PC again or just load the FTalk app.

tengo la resolución a este problema después de buscar tanto.

primero deben entrar a este enlace de rockwell y descargar el archivo zip llamado ResDir.zip

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/577717

una vez lo descomprimes ejecutas la aplicacion ResDir esto hara que el directorio local se restablezca, cuando se termine de ejecutar habres el FactoryTalk administrator console, una vez inicia seleccionas el directorio local y listo ya podran ejecutar sus aplicaciones sin problemas

18 hours ago, yannic said:

tengo la resolución a este problema después de buscar tanto.

primero deben entrar a este enlace de rockwell y descargar el archivo zip llamado ResDir.zip

I have the resolution to this problem after searching so much.

you must first go to this rockwell link and download the zip file called ResDir.zip

18 hours ago, yannic said:

una vez lo descomprimes ejecutas la aplicacion ResDir esto hara que el directorio local se restablezca, cuando se termine de ejecutar habres el FactoryTalk administrator console, una vez inicia seleccionas el directorio local y listo ya podran ejecutar sus aplicaciones sin problemas

once you unzip it, run the ResDir application, this will restore the local directory, when it is finished, open the FactoryTalk administrator console, once it starts, select the local directory and that's it, you will be able to run your applications without problems

greetings @yannic as English is the primary language of a majority of our users I've translated your useful answre.

1 person likes this