Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ctg

1771SDN Won't Go Into Run

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a 1771SDN that, no matter what I try, Will not go into 'Run'. I've tried three different SDN modules and they all do the same thing. I have a PLC5/40E in a rack with single-slot addressing. In slot one, I have the SDN. DeviceNet is connected to only Channel 1. The end device is a 1791D 8-In, 8-Out, module. I'm running a KFD module to COM1 on the PC running XP. I'm running Ethernet on the PLC5 through an AUI port Channel 2. All drivers are loaded including the pass-thru. I know how to do this. Or at least I thought I did. The SDN is station 1, The 179D is station 2 and the KFD is station 62. The block transfer write Data word zero is N11:64. The Read block transfer word zero is N11:0. The blocks are functioning normally when the PLC is placed in run. I'm getting code 80 on the SDN. Even so, I should be seeing the inputs of the 1791D regardless of IDLE mode. Setting a '1' in the command register N11:64/0 does nothing to the SDN.  All devices are online in NetWorx.  The one thing I don't have is a 120 ohm resistor at each end of the link. The setup is just a test so the DeviceNet cable is only about 2-ft in length from the PLC to the KFD. The 1791D is on the same cable. I can turn the outputs on in NetWorx okay. Any help would be appreciated. Please ask any questions. I've been trying for two day to get the SDN to run. I'm sure it's simple and I just can't see it.

Best regards,

ctg

You're correct that the first word of the Block Transfer Write is the Command Word, and that setting Bit 0 = 1 should put the Scanner in RUN mode.

Is the BTW that includes the Command word of length 62 ?    It can't be 61, 60, 59, 58, or 57, but it can be 62 or 1-50 words in length.

22 hours ago, Ken Roach said:

You're correct that the first word of the Block Transfer Write is the Command Word, and that setting Bit 0 = 1 should put the Scanner in RUN mode.

Is the BTW that includes the Command word of length 62 ?    It can't be 61, 60, 59, 58, or 57, but it can be 62 or 1-50 words in length.

The read block starts with N11:0. The write block starts with N11:64. When I configured the module in the slot, it entered 128 words. I'll look tomorrow for the length. The SDN is series 'C' with a revision of 6.004. I installed the TRs but it did not make a difference. It's almost like the pass-thru driver is incorrect. (1771SDNPT).

Regards,

ctg