Ravinder singh

24 Hours Timer To Operate The Relay For Certain Time

4 posts in this topic

i want to operate one machine on 24 Hour timer. PLC should read the actual time. i want to stop the machine during tea time and lunch time. the same will work for whole day. please help me to how to  make the ladder in mitsubishi plc. 

So basically you would like to use time channels. If you have an HMI connected these are usually already available.

Which Mitsubishi PLC are you using?

A simple series of compare statements is all you need.  But since you did not mention which PLC I can't even say if the one you are using has a clock.

There is also using the DATERD/DATEWR (Q/L series PLCs) or the TRD/TRW (FX and older series PLC) instructions.

For example to read the clock data use an instruction like [DATERRD D100] then D100 will contain the year, D101 the month D102 the day, D103 the hour, D104 minutes, D105 seconds and D106 the day of the week. Now you can use these data registers for logic concerning certain times of the day.

You should use an oscillating timer for a command input, like SM412, to update the data registers every second.