PaulKim1003

Can't communicate with RSLinx

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to go online with PLC and i got an error.

The funny part is before I shutdown RSLink, it was lite version and i was able to go online with my PLC.

However, When I re-opened RSLinx, It became gateway version and I dont have an access to go online with PLC anymore.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks 

Capture.PNG

If you just had RSLinx Lite opened, you still have it installed on your computer, it wouldn't have all of a sudden magically changed to Gateway.  Go to Start, All Programs, Rockwell Software, RSLinx and RSLinx classic should be there, it is for me at least.  

You're able to ping it through Command Prompt, so that's good.

In RSLogix: go to "Communications" (at the top) then go to "Who Active" and make sure that you can find your processor, select it, and click "Set Project Path".

Either your RSLinx Classic Lite isn't running, or the address of the PLC changed or the driver for your PLC in RSLinx got deleted/ changed.  Either way RSLogix can't find your path anymore.

You could also go to "Add or remove programs" to verify that RSLinx Lite is still installed on your machine, but unless someone uninstalled it, then it should be...

I don't think you can have both RSLinx Lite and RSLinx Gateway.  The only reason it shows RSLinx Gateway is the software found an activation for RSLinx Gateway

when it stared. Either on your computer or on a network.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

When you install RSLinx it installs all versions which are then activated, you can only have one version of RSLinx installed on your computer.

Alan