dunc

Qseries operational error

3 posts in this topic

i have a re-occuring operational error which is bringing on the error LED on the CPU.

i have attached the section of code that is causing the issue. every now and then, we get an invalid ASCII character which causes an error in the conversion.

does anyone have any ideas on how i can error check the ASCII code to account for the erroneous figures that come through?

we have tried replacing the cable and made off the screen at one end to try and stop any interference, but this made next to no difference.

many thanks

Duncan

Untitled.png

What is the error that occurs? Check the PLC diagnostics while it is in error for the error code. The following is a list of errors available in the manual for the EVAL instruction.

It looks like you are executing an EVAL instruction for each consecutive Data register, I might guess your error is a 4101 if anything.

569e93be3923d_EVALerrors.png.2b2797d3dfd

Edited by Akahige

the error is due to interference. an invalid character is causing the error. We have replaced the cable and run it a different route and this made no difference.

i didnt know if there is a way to account for invalid characters in the code to stop the issue from happening?