ETR Automazione srl

IC693CMM312 and CPU 331 - Check firmware ?

6 posts in this topic

IC693CMM312 and CPU 331 - Check firmware ?

Hello everybody. I have 2 CPU 331 that i need to put in comunication with an HMI in  ethernet (i prefere, because i have also another one CPU, but an 374).

I have found 2 IC693CMM312, refurbished. I need to check the firmware version of the devices , before buy the communication card ?

Best regards

I assume the actual part number of the Ethernet module is IC693CMM32. I have attached the data sheet for the Ethernet module which has a section about compatibility.

GFK1325C.PDF

Exactly i have reverse the last two numbers :

PLC GE FANUC 90 30 IC693CMM321 EE

Best regards

Here is the data sheet for the IC693CMM321EE

GFK1085k.pdf

Hello Steve, where can i find the release o fthe firmware ? In the last letter of the device code ? I have one CPU with 331-L and the other with 331-CE.

Best regards

The suffix letter denotes the firmware version. You can also get it from the label on the PROM chip on the circuit board. The documents GFK-0702 with various suffix letters are the release notes for the details of the features introduced at each revision level.

CPU331-CE corresponds to firmware version 8.4 dating to December 2003 as described in GFK-0702AC

CPU331-L corresponds to one version earlier than 4.40 which came out in February 1994 as described in GFK-0702G. I could not locate any release notes for the CPU331 earlier than that.

It appears that you will need to upgrade your CPU331-L to achieve compatibility with the Ethernet module.

gfk0702ac.pdf

gfk0702g.pdf