taufik thamrin

Fail to clear memory

16 posts in this topic

hallo....

i have problem here,

i have CP1H CPU ( ex project ) and i wan to make this module for training, but i have problem 

i can download and upload to plc how can i clear this memory. i don't have password for UM protection

can i do for clear this memory? i have test  disconnected battery for 8 hours but still same still UM protection, 

please can help me 

There have been some questions concerning UM protection and the ability to clear the program. I just performed a test on a CJ2M and was successful.

You should be able to create a new program without UM protection and perform a download. This will clear the current running program and the UM protection.

Taking the battery out will not clear it - the program is in flash memory these days. Battery backup is for volatile data.

I just performed the same test on a CP1H-X40DT-D and again, was successful.

You'll have to explain to us what is 'not working'. What message(s) are you seeing?

Is there a memory card in this PLC? Look at the small slot under the LCD display.

All dip switches in OFF position?

1 person likes this

thank for all,

there is no memory card 

and all DIP switches is in OFF position, is there some specific way ( step by step ) to open the UM protection

P60108-110437[1].jpg

I did some additional testing and recreated your problem. It appears your PLC is both Read and Write protected. I was not able to download, overwrite or modify in any way without entering the password.

There are some Omron guys in these forums that may have better advice but I would call Omron Technical Support.

Good luck.

The only way to get past this is to contact Omron.  If you / your company owns the rights to the program inside and you sign some documents stating so, then Omron can get the password for you.

Michael, He wants to clear the current program and UM protection.

Does this change the answer of having to contact Omron? If I understand correctly, this may be done by memory card or FINS command if those protection options are not checked. Is this correct?

I realize for an Omron novice, this may be more trouble for him than it is worth.

From the pictures, he has write protection enabled (Prohibit from overwriting to a protected program option is checked).  Therefore, he is unable to overwrite the program.  The other check box (to which you refer) is to load the program to the memory card from the PLC.  Given these assumptions, the only way around this is to have the password (as far as I know) and he will have to contact Omron to get that done.

1 hour ago, Michael Walsh said:

The other check box (to which you refer) is to load the program to the memory card from the PLC.

Ah... so it is! Thanks for the clarification.

I've  been working with Omron PLCs for a long time and have never came across one that was write protected to the point it could not be 'erased' so you could start from scratch.

Have you tried going online to the PLC, setting it in program mode, selecting "Clear All Memory Areas" from CX programmer and checking the box "Initialize".

Works for me!!

I

18 minutes ago, BITS N BYTES said:

Have you tried going online to the PLC, setting it in program mode, selecting "Clear All Memory Areas" from CX programmer and checking the box "Initialize".

Works for me!!

It did not work for me.  Did you check the "Prohibit from overwriting to a protected program" box when you set the PLC Protection properties?  If that is not checked, it will work, but so will simply downloading over top of the code.  He has overwrite protection enabled, see his picture above in his Saturday 10:46 post.

thank for all, so i think this PLC i will keep at my locker.

yesterday we have buy new one include the program thank for all information