anhtuandrg

Exchange data between S7-314 2PN/DP and S7-1214C

10 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm now in a project which collecting weighing data of 3 tanks to S7-1214C and transfering them to S7-314 2PN/DP through ethernet cable. My problem is it took me about 1 second to exchange data (about 13 bytes) between S7-1214C and S7-314 using PUT and GET. So the weighing data updated quite slow to S7-314. Is there any way to exchange data faster between S7-314 and S7-1214 :-1

For more information, I use clock memory 1Hz to trigger the REG parameter of  FB PUT/GET. I couldn't set the lower cyclic time because the FB PUT/GETwould have error with status 25 (meaning the FB in progressing).

Edited by anhtuandrg

What firmware do you have ? Can you make the 1200 an idevice and get rid of get/put? 

1 person likes this

Thank you for ur reply jrw! The S7-300 is ver 3.3 and the S7-1200 is ver 4.1. Does idevice set by tick the option IO Device in Operating Mode of PLC properties. Is there any setting in I-device communication?

Just click it. Then set up your I and Q data transfer 

Hi jrw! There one more thing I'm still confused. we don't need any program code to send or receive data, do we? we just move I or Q data to another register and do anything we want, right? Sorry, this is the first time I have a project about communication between 2 PLCs

No code needed. Just read inputs and write to outputs. Easy and fast 

1 person likes this

Hi jrw,

I did configure connection I-device between S7-314 and S7-1214. It works ok, but these are some problems:

- Both PLC will error at the power-up: I connect 2 PLC on the same power-line. At the power-up, the S7-1214 flash the Led "ERROR" and the Led "RUN\STOP" is still GREEN, the message in Online and Diagnostics is IO-Device failure. In the S7-314, the Led "SF" turns to RED and PLC switches to stop. When I stop S7-314 and run it again, the connection will be normal.

- If the connection is normal, then I unplug the ethernet cable, the above error will appear.

- If the connection is normal, then I stop the S7-1214 then run again, this error will happen again.

Can u give me some advice??

Edited by anhtuandrg

Problem solved. It just need add OB 83-85-86 then the error will disappear. So amazing 17