Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James jones753

Powerflex 753

3 posts in this topic

I had a powerflex 753 conected to a breaking register which had wires conected together .is the drive toasted ? I haven't turned it back on is there any internal safety to protect the drive? or should I just order a new drive?

You mean a braking resistor ?   Or did you have an external dynamic braking "chopper" module ?

I presume the drive failed catastrophically when it tried to brake across a dead short instead of the expected minimum number of ohms of resistance.

It's likely that the DC Bus fuse has blown, and it's possible that it has protected the power transistors.   The braking transistor is probably blown.

I would disconnect the braking resistor, disconnect the motor, and power the drive up carefully.   It's very likely it will have to be remanufactured.

On 12/31/2015 at 9:59 AM, James jones753 said:

I had a powerflex 753 conected to a breaking register which had wires conected together .is the drive toasted ? I haven't turned it back on is there any internal safety to protect the drive? or should I just order a new drive?

Your question may need to be expound.. is your drive Toasted?.. by saying your wire connected together, are you shorting both your UVW together?.. 

Edited by Gnex