Katerina

offline simulation using switchbox utility

4 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to using PLCs. I am trying to find a way to simulate ladder programs offline because I don't have a plc module. I read in the introduction guide that this can be done either with the simulation connection button (which  cannot be activated in the version  Cx-one 4.10.0005 that I am using) or with the switchbox utility which seems to work in my version. But unfortunately (after searching in manuals and on the internet) I cannot find any more information on how to use the switchbox. Can anyone tell me where I can find more information or a tutorial about how to use this tool ?

Did you install CX-Simulator?  It's part of CX-One.  

Which model PLC are you using. CX Simulator is NOT available in CX-One for some older units.

Simulate button will be greyed out.

On 29/12/2015 at 9:44 PM, Crossbow said:

Did you install CX-Simulator?  It's part of CX-One.  

Hi! Thank you for your answers! It seems that Cx Simulator has been installed. The button ''Online with Simulator'' is active but when I press it it says : ''The selected port does not exist.Do you wish to find any available serial port and go online?'' 

The PLC model that I am using right now in my projest is CS1G-H (Which I actually set for no specific reason). Should I change it to another type??

Edited by Katerina