Idir

Communication failed for CMP1 CPU30

19 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to connect an OMRON CMP1-30CDR-A-V1 to my PC. I used a CQM1-CIF02 cable which I connected to RS232-USB converter and then to my laptop. Is this the right way to do it? I have seen on the OMRON website the attached diagram. Should we use that device or an RS232-USB converter will be enough? Also. I tired to use a PC with RS232 port directly but it also failed.

Regards,

4616730.jpg

omron.PNG

Check pin configuration, and confront it witch PC's pin tasks. 
Have you installed drivers for rs-usb converter?

Yes, there is a driver for rs-usb converter. but what do you mean by pin configuration?

The image you provided is not a CQM1-CIF02, it has a box in the cable with electronics inside.  And you will need to make sure your USB to serial adapter is properly configured and you select the correct COM port in the software settings.  Does it show in Device Manager?  What COM port is it showing as?  Did you set your programming software to use that port?

Yes, the serial to USB adapter works fine because I succeeded to communicate with two other Omron PLCs with different cable ( but same adapter). Now, Could it be the cable shown above that might be problematic?

There is no interface box in the middle of the cable. The cable is designed to plug into a CPM1-CIF01. The PLC is old and has not been manufactured or supported for years. I would be throwing it away and using a CP1L.

3 hours ago, Idir said:

Yes, the serial to USB adapter works fine because I succeeded to communicate with two other Omron PLCs with different cable ( but same adapter). Now, Could it be the cable shown above that might be problematic?

That is not necessarily correct. I have had more than one occasion where a USB serial adapter that worked fine with other Omron PLCs but would not work with a CQM1. The CQM1 serial ports are temperamental at best.

No interface box. But you re a that we use   CPM1-CIF01 . is it necessary to use that?

this is what i use.

4616730.jpg

USBG-4.jpg

From the CQM1 manual the CQM1-CIF02 shows a box in the centre of the cable - your cable does not have this. Also the diagram you hvae shown above has the box in the cable for the CIF02. The USB/RS232 adapter you have may or may not work as mentioned by Mendon Systems. I only use the Omron one which works with everything I have thrown at it.

CQM1-CIF02.PNG

Thanks,

Do you mean that each time I use the peripheral port I need some kind of box to covert the signals? which one will suit my  CMP1-30CDR-A-V1  PLC?

Regards,

Yes - you either need the CIF01 or the cable with the box in the middle. As per the diagrams you originally posted. I would throw the PLC away and put in a CP1L as I noted originally. CQM1-CIF02 or the cable you have and a CPm1-CIF01 - the drawings are very clear.

Thanks, Can you help me modifying the cable I have so that it will work. 

The cable you have is not a genuine CQM1-CIF02, which is what we said.  We can't help you modify a cable we don't know.  It's clearly an aftermarket cable someone designed to replace the CQM1-CIF02.  Contact the manufacturer of the cable for assistance with it.  There is no way the converter electronics which were built into the factory cable would fit inside one of those ends.

The CPM1-CIF01 would give you a standard RS232 port on the PLC end, and you can make a standard serial cable for use with that.

Throw the bloody cable away and go and buy the right gear for the job from Omron!

Here are the details for this third party cable.

CQM1-CIF02 for OMRON PLC

CQM1-CIF02 cable is for Omron series PLC with 10 pin connectors.With this cable you can also get a DB9 female connector to Serial Adapter that can be used for many other things besides just programming Omron PLC's and you can use this cable (CQM1-CIF02) for serial (RS232) programming.

Note:This one don't have a converter box.

Functions and Features:

01. USB version of direct replacement cable for Omron CQM1-CIF02 PLC programming converter and cable.
02. It supports CPM1,CPM1A,CQM,CPM2A,C200HS,C200HX/HG/HE and SRM1 series PCL connection.
03. Brand new In Box.
04. Support Windows2000/Windows XP (WinNT4/95/98/Me/DOS NOT SUPPORTED).
05. Only need you to communicate between PLC and PC.
06. Professional made cable directly from industrial automation factory.
07. Quality is guaranteed.
     Cable length:3 meters.

Note:This item supports Windows2000/XP(WinNT4/95/98/Me/DO NOT Supported).

cif02.jpg

The quality is guaranteed.It's tested before shippment.Not made by Omron,OEM product as the replacement.

FAQ:
Q:
What´s the diference with CQM1-CIF02 and C200HS-CN220-EU cable?
A:The CQM1-CIF02 cable is for the Peripheral port to Computer RS232 (or equivalent).You can use CQM1-CIF02 with CQM1H, CPM2C, CS1, CJ1 using CS1W-CN114 or CPM2C-CN111 adaptor.
   The C200HS-CN220-EU is from the PLC RS232 port to Computer RS232 port (or equivalent).

Q:I have CQM1H cpu51 PLC,I wonder if I need CQM1-CIF02,USB-CIF02 or usb-cn226?
A:If you have a 9 pin RS232 port on your computer you can you Omron Part Number CS1W-CN226 cable.
   The CQM1-CIF02 cable will not directly plug into the connector on the CQM1H.
   USB-CIF02 is basically a USB version of the CQM1-CIF02.You will still need an adapter.
   USB-CN226 will directly connect to CQM1H.

thanks  all for your support. It really is urgent for me that why I'm trying to modify the above cable. shipping will take time.

1724403_1182801468415574_315012754431464847_n.jpg

Thanks for all your support.

Now that I have decided to purchase a new cable. Which cable will assure communication between a PC and  an OMRON CMP1-30CDR-A-V1 .

Regards,