3 posts in this topic

Hi I am new here. Please can I have one question? I have one FX3GE build in ethernet plc and got 1455 . i want to communicate both via ethernet port. kindly help me .........

Assuming that you have set the IP address on the FX3GE to Channel 1 (giving you a default IP address of 192.168.1.250) and then in the GOT1455 programming software you've set the communications port as Ethernet. Opening the Controller Settings for the GOT you add an FX Ethernet channel where the default settings come up as IP Address 192.168.1.254 with a port of 5551. You will need to change the Port No. to 5556 (the only other option). Port 5551 is reserved for mount on ENET module to the right (called Special Function Modules). Port 5556 is reserved for left side mounted ENET Modules (called Adapter Modules). Since the FX3GE places an Ethernet port on the left this port address is now configured as one of the two allowed expansion ports. 9 times out of 10 this is the common issue when setting up Ethernet comms with the new FX CPUs. Hope this helps. Edited by Akahige

On 15/12/2015 at 6:21 PM, Akahige said:

Assuming that you have set the IP address on the FX3GE to Channel 1 (giving you a default IP address of 192.168.1.250) and then in the GOT1455 programming software you've set the communications port as Ethernet. Opening the Controller Settings for the GOT you add an FX Ethernet channel where the default settings come up as IP Address 192.168.1.254 with a port of 5551. You will need to change the Port No. to 5556 (the only other option). Port 5551 is reserved for mount on ENET module to the right (called Special Function Modules). Port 5556 is reserved for left side mounted ENET Modules (called Adapter Modules). Since the FX3GE places an Ethernet port on the left this port address is now configured as one of the two allowed expansion ports. 9 times out of 10 this is the common issue when setting up Ethernet comms with the new FX CPUs. Hope this helps.

Thank you man !! You saved my day ! I have been looking for this the whloe day, I was just using the wrong port !

With FX3-ENET (right sided module on PLC) it is port 5551 to 5555 on GT Designer3.

With FX3-ENET-ADP (left sided module on PLC) it is only port 5556 on GT Designer3.

Cheers