JJH

Finding FTV version?

4 posts in this topic

I’ve got a quick question regarding programs that get loaded onto the PanelView Plus products. Let’s say I download a Runtime app from a PanelView, convert it into an .apa, and then need to recompile it into a Runtime app and downloaded it back to the HMI. Is there anyway, either through the PanelView or the program which I convert, to find out what its particular software compile version is? I’m trying to figure this out to put into a quick guide for myself and our company field service techs to avoid the pitfall of accidentally compiling a program with the wrong version. Any advice from the group is much appreciated!

i dont know if there is a way to tell the software compile version but the PV+ terminal will display the firmware version when it is powered up. You can not download and run a different version of application unless you update the firmware. I don't know if you can accidentally compile a application and download unless you purposely update the firmware of the terminal .Let say you have a application compiled in FTV version 6.0  , you can't download the FTV version 5.0 or 7.0  and run it unless you update the firmware version  to 5.0 or 7.0 of the  PV + terminal .... Edited by mikey431

Once you have uploaded the program from the PanelView and restored the run-time and then go to open it in FactoryTalkView Studio it will tell you the version it was last opened with (the version it was written with).  See photo below:  

Thanks to all, both of those are reasonable solutions to my question.