Sergei Troizky

NA indirect addressing stopped working in v1.14

8 posts in this topic

After the Sysmac Studio upgrade to v 1.14 (which includes unavoidable NA firmware upgrade to v4), page code in NA stopped reading indirectly addressed NJ variables. Strangely enough, if a variable is mentioned addressed directly, either in a screen object or in page code (even in never executed subroutine), indirect addressing starts working for this (but only this) variable of the array. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Can you please elaborate?  Are you talking about array variables where you use a pointer to indicate which index in the array to use?

Interesting.  I have a project in a Rev of SS where I have used arrays pointers extensively in the NA program.  Let me see if I can recreate it.

Be aware that for reasons known only to the forest tribes of Endor, NA array addressing uses round brackets () instead of square as in the PLC [].

1 hour ago, f3dps2 said:

Be aware that for reasons known only to the forest tribes of Endor, NA array addressing uses round brackets () instead of square as in the PLC [].

I think it is because the NA uses the VB engine, and VB uses round brakets for arrays.

Really?  I must live on Endor.  The screen is not IEC-61131-3 based, it is .NET based.  That's why one uses [0] and one uses (0).  Different standards.  .NET has always used parentheses.  Also, you should note that the names of the data types are different.

Yes its great here on Endor :-)

BTW I spotted that if you enter a NA Data Type as IEC by mistake. for example REAL[10] it autocorrects it to "Single(9)" !!  It converts the brackets, type and even accounts for zero based.

So yes, a clash of 2 different worlds, but mostly the mapping seems to cope automatically.